Yep so when do you think guys??? When will i able to just walk into a verizon store and pick one up..sometime this year maybe??? Or next year..anyways want to hear your opinions on this thanks!!!
    12-02-08 06:21 PM
    between all of the backorders and warranty replacements for defective equipment...i think its safe to say early January at this point....but that is purely speculation!
    12-02-08 06:32 PM
    Why don't you try Best Buy? Where are you located? By a major city at all? I'm in NYC and this past Sunday the 30th I called a store in Manhattan and they had a couple, so I just walk in and picked it up. It kinda makes me feel bad for all those STILL waiting, especially those that were waiting on line on the 21st and had to order them and are STILL waiting. Kinda. Try it out and see.
    12-02-08 07:03 PM
    OMG, DONT go to a verizon store.
    I went there and they said they havent got any since the first release day.
    I walk into best buy and they got 10 of them. they tell me they get shipments every week and they only run out of stock at the end of the week, the guy pulled up on the computer and showed all the other best buy stores had at least 15 of them..
    I cant believe you guys ordered them and waiting, I picked mine up yesterday.. lol wow.
    12-02-08 07:09 PM
    OMG, DONT go to a verizon store.
    I went there and they said they havent got any since the first release day.
    I walk into best buy and they got 10 of them. they tell me they get shipments every week and they only run out of stock at the end of the week, the guy pulled up on the computer and showed all the other best buy stores had at least 15 of them..
    I cant believe you guys ordered them and waiting, I picked mine up yesterday.. lol wow.
    Just because your Verizon store doesn't have any doesn't mean that no Verizon store will. It depends on location.
    12-02-08 07:35 PM
    so how does the that work..you go to best buy get the..phone..and then head to a verizon wireless store to activate it?? I live in a pretty big suberb..of houston..we lot like 250 thousand living here..houston is only like 10 mins away..so you can say i live in houston..hmm i may go check it out then..i got a best buy no more than a mile away from me..but is it going to be the same price..199$??? Anyways thanks for the info guys..
    12-02-08 07:38 PM
    My personal experience has been that I stood in line at the Verizon store at 5:30am the morning of the release. I was number 25 in line and no phones by the time I got there. I decided not to order it then, but rather try a week later. I Went in last Friday and no phones, tons of Storm advertising, but no phones. I happened to be at Best Buy the morning of Black Friday at 9am and viola they had the Storm.

Very easy transaction. It is very comparable to being in the VZW store, just blue shirts. I found the final price was actually cheaper and I got a gift with purchase. Whatever they didn't complete in the store, I completed with a simple call to Verizon CS. Very easy and I don't think I'll ever buy a phone at the VZW Store again.
    Last edited by robbie02; 12-02-08 at 08:00 PM.
    12-02-08 07:57 PM
    hmm now you got me thinking guys..is circuit city the same..i also got one less than a mile away...thanks for your input guys!!!
    12-02-08 08:01 PM
    Just go into the BestBuy, pay the 199 plus tax, pick your plan and stuff, they'll activate it for you, and you walk out with a smile on your face and a storm in your hand. Simple as that.
    12-03-08 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD