Everyday as a faithful abuser I come here to see all the things that make me happy except....The updates for the Storm have stopped. Totally. Am I the only one thinking why not only has it not been quite a year before storm 2 is out but why can't they rewrite the core software and make us happy? I love my Storm but with everything new NOT coming out for the storm I feel like RIM just sold us down the river. Thoughts?
    12-01-09 07:36 AM
    Didn't an official OS 5.0 just recently come out from VZW for the Storm? I know 2 people that I work with have it and they're not really into the whole using beta stuff. If that's the case it would seem to me like RIM hasn't "sold (you) down the river" just yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 07:49 AM
    it did and while that OS is a 'benefit' it hardly places those who have a storm in the up and coming group HA. I've had every OS 5 beta and love it so that's a non issue. I would love OpenGL and wifi which, while I don't need them, are the benefits i'm talking about. I just wish storm 2 could have waited a bit longer. That's like putting out a PS3 and 10 months later putting out the new PS.
    12-01-09 07:53 AM
    it did and while that OS is a 'benefit' it hardly places those who have a storm in the up and coming group HA. I've had every OS 5 beta and love it so that's a non issue. I would love OpenGL and wifi which, while I don't need them, are the benefits i'm talking about. I just wish storm 2 could have waited a bit longer. That's like putting out a PS3 and 10 months later putting out the new PS.
    Heh that's technology for you...

Posted from my mytouch 3G at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 08:21 AM
    WiFi is never going to happen as the Storm1 lacks the hardware, WiFi cannot be added through a software update. TBH no matter what phone you buy it's going to be replaced by a better one. I was not aware of of the Bold 9700 and signed an 18 month contract for an 8900 a few weeks before it was released for sale.
    12-01-09 09:57 AM
    If you feel discarded imagine how us 83xx series users feel
    12-01-09 10:47 AM
    looooooooooots of areas of tech refresh their hardware lines every single year at minimum. I don't think a year between phone revisions is too bad at all.

It's only been a few weeks since the official update (and a lot of carriers havent even made THAT official yet!). I wouldn't worry just yet. And there will be MANY more phone revisions in the coming years. I'm betting it will get to a point where companies release phones for the summer and winter seasons, so we'll probably get more than one refresh per year as companies branch out to new devices.
    12-01-09 11:36 AM
    The Storm 1 has had much longer dry spells in the past. I suspect we will have a few more updates made available, either official or as leaks. We just need to be patient.
    12-01-09 11:49 AM
    I know what you mean gossett. I have a Storm and it seems like RIM released the Storm 2 so fast (probably to try and save face from not living up to the Storm hype), but still, it's like buyinging a nintendo and then super nintendo comes out right afterwards, no one's gonna pay attention to the regular nintendo anymore and the manufacturers aren't going to put any more money into improving it because no one wants it.

Technology is funny like that. If you get in too early, there are Beta problems; if you get in too late, your phone is obsolete.
    12-01-09 11:51 AM
    Everyday as a faithful abuser I come here to see all the things that make me happy except....The updates for the Storm have stopped. Totally. Am I the only one thinking why not only has it not been quite a year before storm 2 is out but why can't they rewrite the core software and make us happy? I love my Storm but with everything new NOT coming out for the storm I feel like RIM just sold us down the river. Thoughts?
    You're kidding right?!
    12-01-09 11:54 AM
    Still love it though. Working in technology I know how quick it changes I kind of figured shelf life would be a bit longer. As this is the first smart phone i've gotten it's kind of a wonder how the storm came out without wifi/opengGL to begin with....
    12-01-09 12:49 PM
    You're kidding right?!
    "Music is a higher revelation
    than all wisdom and philosphy.
    Music is the electrical soil
    in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents."
    ~ Ludwig van Beethoven ~

"Music is the electrical soil"
    Didn't know they had electricity in Beethoven's time
    12-01-09 12:59 PM
    You think that's bad....I can't even find a Storm2 in any of the area outlet stores. I'm wondering if BB has given up on the model altogether.
    12-02-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD