Well I live in the ny capital region and service for calls is good but internet speeds are pretty meh. Well I'm visiting a buddy at U Buffalo and holy crap is it fast. My friend has his itouch connected to his wifi and my storm loads 90% of sites faster. Not just mobile sites either, techppowerup loads in under 10 seconds and it has to load 170 images. I am just blown away ; hopefully I will see these speeds in mt area soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:01 AM
    We've got great 3G in Rochester as well.
    03-28-09 08:03 AM
    I have never had an issue with my 3G speeds from MD down to FL.

03-28-09 08:33 AM
    3G isn't that great out here in the MA and NH area, pretty "meh" also.
    03-28-09 09:31 AM
    Even though all of Albany is Rev A, I agree with you that its slow compared to when I travel out to Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo
    03-28-09 01:36 PM
    yea im in rochester and 3g pwns here!
    03-28-09 01:49 PM
    How do you know if you are in 3G speeds?
    03-28-09 02:10 PM
    verizon is only 3g, sprint is 3g, tmobile is edge att is 3g as well
    03-28-09 02:20 PM
    yea Buffalo has great 3g coverage.........my storm blows my buddies 8900 outta the water when it comes to speeds
    03-28-09 02:47 PM
    You are technically in 3G when your phone says EVDO at the top. But with VZW there is EVDO Rev O and EVDO Rev A. The fastest 3G for VZE is Rev A but there does seem to be a speed difference among Rev A speed "feel" in different areas.
    03-28-09 03:42 PM
    Is there a difference in the icon for Rev A.?

Mine just says 1XEV
    03-28-09 04:06 PM

Mine just says 1XEV
    no difference, it is still EVDO so there wouldn't be a separate icon for revisions of the same technology. good question though! i'm sure you would have noticed it by now if there was one, but i dont think very much of the network is REV. 0 anymore. i forgot the percent of the network that is REV. A right now but it is a vast majority.

i will say that there are more users on the network using data, and where i live there hasn't been much network expansion so it is getting a bit of over traffic, causing slower data speeds.
    03-28-09 05:29 PM
    yea Buffalo has great 3g coverage.........my storm blows my buddies 8900 outta the water when it comes to speeds
    Too bad its the only thing it does better than the 8900.

03-28-09 06:32 PM

Mine just says 1XEV
    Once again 1XEV is no where as fast as AT&Ts 3G service.
    03-28-09 07:06 PM
    Once again 1XEV is no where as fast as AT&Ts 3G service.
    All I know is the UB network is fast and an touch connected to it through wife wasn't as fast as my storm with 3g. I don't think one could ask more than that. I'm sure you reach a point were device speed plays a big factor in loading websites. Older computers don't load pages as fast as new computers even on a fresh install of windows. All I know is verizon better pick up speeds in the capital region.

03-28-09 08:30 PM
    no difference, it is still EVDO so there wouldn't be a separate icon for revisions of the same technology. good question though! i'm sure you would have noticed it by now if there was one, but i dont think very much of the network is REV. 0 anymore. i forgot the percent of the network that is REV. A right now but it is a vast majority.

i will say that there are more users on the network using data, and where i live there hasn't been much network expansion so it is getting a bit of over traffic, causing slower data speeds.
    The reason I ask is I live in Schenectady, around 11 miles or so from Albany. And i'm only getting REV. 0 speeds out of my device - barely low-end DSL type performance. Takes a minute to download a 1.0MB file.
    03-28-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD