I am sick and tired of my storm resetting. I will be texting someone or in bbm and it just automatically resets... it turns white and says some error message. It happens mostly when i press the !?123 button and then press any other button after that. it doesnt happen all the time... but it seems like if it does it in the morning then itll keep doing it all day long. its super annoying beings it takes quiet a while to reload... more and more i miss my pearl :-(
    02-28-09 11:39 AM
    mine does the same thing.. i thought it was because mine was unlocked and not on the verizon network.. maybe its just a kink in the software.. but it is crazy annoying..
    02-28-09 11:44 AM
    What OS Senses?
    02-28-09 11:45 AM
    My storm does the exact same thing. It gets old real fast. I think its because of the OS. I'm running .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 11:51 AM
    Also have .75 and also resets. White screen with an error message. Also happens when I press the !?123 (primarily in portrait mode) or if I'm switching a lot between AIM, BBM, and SMS messaging. When I took it to verizon tech guy told it was because I was running too many apps and I needed to turn off the facebook app when not using it. I did that and have a business card over the battery (I thought it might be the actual physical push/location of the area. Should I go back and demand a new phone?

02-28-09 12:20 PM
    I have this same problem... I have the music running in the background and it helps alot. if i didnt mine would reset about 10 times a day... it only resets about 3 times now.very annoying and my only problem i have with my storm. that and now i cant get aim! ugh!
    02-28-09 12:22 PM
    When I was running .75 mine would also reset. After upgrading to .109 I haven't experienced any resets yet.
    02-28-09 12:24 PM
    Called tech support about my call quality issue. While trying to diagnose the problem the support guy asked if there were any other issues. Told him about my random reboots a couple times/week & he stopped me cold. Said he was sending a new phone immediately since this was a "known issue that only gets worse". Then said something about these devices being mass produced for the Christmas rush (got mine 12/22) and that quality was better on newer units.

This is only my experience, take it @ face value.

Last edited by Midnight Barbecue; 02-28-09 at 12:32 PM.
    02-28-09 12:29 PM
    Called tech support about my call quality issue. While trying to diagnose the problem the support guy asked if there were any other issues. Told him about my random reboots a couple times/week & he stopped me cold. Said he was sending a new phone immediately since this was a "known issue that only gets worse". Then said something about these devices being mass produced for the Christmas rush (got mine 12/22) and that quality was better on newer units.

This is only my experience, take it @ face value.

BBQ, please post back when your new one arrives. I'm curious to know what OS version it ships with. A lot of time when they say the newer units are better, it's normally b/c the OS has been upgraded.
    02-28-09 12:52 PM
    what OS are you on

02-28-09 12:59 PM
    I am running OS .109 and the resetting is gone. Has not happened once. Been about 2 weeks.
    02-28-09 07:44 PM
    I'm running the .75. It gets so damn annoying. As soon as vzw has a newer bb ill buy it and drop the storm like a hot potatoe

03-01-09 02:19 AM
    BBQ, please post back when your new one arrives. I'm curious to know what OS version it ships with. A lot of time when they say the newer units are better, it's normally b/c the OS has been upgraded.
    I will. He indicated the 'known issue' of random reboots was a hardware issue.

Will also report whether I get a new or refurb (if I can tell). He told me to be sure to strip the battery, sim, micro SD, door, etc as nothing will come with it.

He apologized that it was too late in the day to get a new unit out, but Monday it would ship for Tuesday delivery. Well, 2 hours later I got tracking info from FedEx, it will deliver monday AM.

Verizon customer service rocks!
    03-01-09 03:41 AM
    Yeah .75 resets often. My bud would always miss calls and notice his wireless was off on .75. He thought the wireless was just shutting down but this is actually evidence of a crash-reboot. I wiped the phone and installed .109 and he is not having any issues. Anyone below .99 should seriously consider .109.

03-01-09 07:15 AM
    I too had this problem, but usually mine would reset when I got text message or a phone call(VERY ANNOYING), I ended up calling VZW tech support, and the guy had me wipe my phone, and told me not to load any apps or anything for a week, then it reset the next day. I have had .75, .86, .90, .99, .103, and .109 and it did this on all of them, so I don't think it's a software issue. They sent me a new phone Thursday and it has not reset yet, so I definitely blame the hardware.
    03-01-09 07:31 AM
    O.K., here's my report:

Refurbished unit, made in Mexico (as was the first). Clicks perfectly everywhere, call sound quality (to the other party) much improved but not what I'd call great. Good, but still could be better. Then again I'm coming from a Motorola E815 which was about as perfect as you can get for sound quality. Haven't tried bluetooth or the OEM 'necklace' headset yet but neither were a problem before.

Came w/.75 installed. Date code on battery door is 09 01, clock date on startup was Dec. 28. Old unit purchased on 12/18 had code 08 46 and was preloaded w/.65.
    Overall everything seems to work a little better, though it DID reboot on me once yesterday as I was re-registering my email addresses.

Bottom line, my call quality is way better which was the reason for the replacement, and i never even knew how nicely the screen could click until I tried this one so it's a bonus.
    Last edited by Midnight Barbecue; 03-04-09 at 12:01 AM.
    03-03-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD