After reading a lot about it, is it worth having or not? Will it last and not break within 6 months? Will it be worth the money? What is everyone's opinions on the phone and how do you feel about it?

Thanks EVERYONE..

O P.S - i bought the phone on the 29th in store, but still no info on shipping etc., just was told that it should arrive before the 12th? any thoughts if this is true and when do people think it may come?
    12-04-08 02:12 PM
    Dude, you have got to be kidding me at this point. Endless posts arguing both ways by the hundreds....
    12-04-08 02:30 PM
    After reading a lot about it, is it worth having or not? Yes

Will it last and not break within 6 months? How would we know? It seems like it will to me, though.

Will it be worth the money? To me, Yes. I used to have an enV.

What is everyone's opinions on the phone and how do you feel about it? Great phone and it will only get better.
    12-04-08 02:37 PM
    i would not switch to another phone andd I dont like using my BB 8830 since using my storm, so my vote would be yes it is worth it
    12-04-08 02:40 PM
    I'll offer a perspective coming from the XV6700 that ran Windows Mobile. Even with the bugs and sluggishness of the .65 firmware, the Storm performs just about everything faster and with much less lag than my old XV6700. I'm still getting used to not having a stylus and not having a full slideout keyboard. I do think some things are actually a little more cumbersome on this phone, namely web surfing, because of the touch/click interface. I think some things could be done a lot easier if there was a stylus, like clicking on web links. Instead, I often have to zoom in or enlarge the text so I can touch the link to highlight and then click to download. But all that aside, I'd say I'm probably 90% happy with it. For $150 less than any comparable Windows smartphone, I think it was a good choice for me. It's definitely more stable than my old WM phone and BB's memory management and battery life seem to be much better than the WM devices. All I can tell you is to give it a try for yourself. You've got 30 days. If you don't like it, you can take it back.
    12-04-08 02:53 PM
    I think the storm is not for everyone! if you want it get it if you don't then dont! if you get it and dont like it return it! anything else? oh yeah hit the search button you will see ALOT of post that will help you in the argument department about the pros and cons of the storm!!
    12-04-08 02:55 PM
    Go to a Verizon retail outlet and take the demo they have for a test spin. Honestly, the only two phones I considered was the iPhone and this one. I still like the iPhone but the Storm has a 1-up cool factor. I think its nicer looking and has a better layout. The functionality of the device is better as well. More regular tasks can be done with it. Yes, it is short on applications like the iPhone has...but that part is coming I think in March. I converted a movie to play on it, have it as an fm radio, great pictures, wonderful screen...I've never owned a Blackberry before but I am thrilled with this one. It won't be going back anytime soon!!
    12-04-08 03:04 PM
    Thanks for all the posts! im liking what i see.
    12-04-08 03:08 PM
    for high powered BB users who do like 50 emails a day on their BB it may not be the best pick. For everyone else like me, its perfect
    12-04-08 03:13 PM
    Is it worth having? Darn skippie
    Is a frog's arse water tight?
    These threads are kinda getting crazy.....
    I must admit; the vets have all run for cover
    12-04-08 03:31 PM
    cant leave home without it
    12-04-08 03:41 PM
    Miggwilson, You say you have your storm as an FM radio? How do you do that? Bare with me this is my first BB
    Last edited by navy_seal85; 12-04-08 at 03:58 PM.
    12-04-08 03:55 PM
    you may have to wait 6 months to see if any break.
    12-04-08 03:57 PM
    How long has it taken for you guys to receive yours in the mail? if thats how you got it, and didnt wait in a LONGGG line opening day.
    12-04-08 04:04 PM
    The general consensus is the phone is great, the OS is rough around the edges, but WILL get better with time.
    12-04-08 06:57 PM
    It is definitely worth having and keeping. I use mine for everything.
    12-04-08 07:15 PM
    I have the free moodio service and it uses the browser to stream my local Detroit radio stations. I think Flycast does the same thing. When I am walking, I plug in the headphones and stream away. Works great.
    12-04-08 07:22 PM
    Just plain and simple, yes.
    12-04-08 07:23 PM
    ok sounds good.
    12-04-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD