it won't even transfer the files, let alone allow them to be played. what's the point of itunes integration with the blackberry if it won't play apple's default lossless format (.m4a)?
    02-26-09 10:00 AM
    Most players don't play Apple Lossless. It was developed by Apple and only works in iTunes and iPod...in fact it doesn't even work on the Shuffle.

Some media players have developed an open source codec to play on some media players, but pretty much no handheld device other than iPod supports Apple Lossless.
    02-26-09 10:07 AM
    Yeah its pretty beat. I converted my entire library a while ago and now when I want to use it. I have to covert it back with switch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:10 AM
    I am running into a similar issue as I have a large chunk of my music files stored in the ALAC/Apple Lossles formats. The device copies over the files and even the artwork, but it won't play as it says it is an unreadable format.

One feature I really liked in iTunes is that they would transcode on the fly to load into a device from Apple Lossless into AAC.

I would rather not transcode all of my files and store them (redundantly) on my hard disc - is there anything out there that could help with this? Like a plug-in or something like that? (Or a 3rd party music syncing program?)

Thanks in advance!!
    09-10-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD