I am not sure what you guys are trying to argue?!?! It is advertised as a multi smartphone in which all of the applications on the device are supposed to work as said to granted the bugs! $500 could buy you a camera, a camcorder, a phone, and a organizer so why not depend on them all in one?
    12-25-08 06:37 PM
    This phone is done. I was in the middle of filming my daughter opening her electric guitar this morning and the POS froze. I seriously just hate this friggin phone. I am sending it back to Verizon tomorrow. Ya know, I wonder if the guy who cut his Palm in half is kicking himself yet ? End vent.
    I know my tattoo cover up begins on Monday. I will definitely pick up another Blackberry. Probably a Curve again. THAT was a good Blackberry.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It doesn't seem appropriate to send the phone back when you destroyed it on purpose. If I understood you correctly; the phone locked up and you threw it against the wall? Bad form.

12-25-08 06:53 PM
    Hahahahaha! I guess the free ones really suck.

12-25-08 06:54 PM
    I used it just today to record my kids and wife saying merry Christmas to send it to some of her family members for Christmas on their mobile phones. Have not had a lock up using video. Never had this issue on previous OS's also. Most times when I hear this I always want to ask what 3rd part non standard storm apps are you running? It is like people who bash XP or Vista (yes I know this OS sucks) when they were using apps that did not work or had known or unknown issues working with that OS.

When I did run into an issue with my phone locking up once I knew it was an app I installed. Removed the app and did a restart. Problem solved. I even sent some videos to some buddies overseas wishing them a merry christmas with no issues.

To the OP what 3rd party apps did you have loaded? What OS version do you have running?

I see so many people bash the storm but provide no technical information what so ever. It is like people who take their car to the mechanic and just says "It dont work.....".

But hey whatever floats your boat...... If you want help trying to resolve your lockup on your smashed storm lets us know.
    12-25-08 07:03 PM
    Ok, seriously. It did get thrown against a wall, however it did not break. I guess it's pretty solid. As for everyone who keeps saying "It's new and give them time to fix the bugs", FUKC THAT ! I don't have the time or patience to "Wait for them to fix it". All of the people saying that, you're simply giving RIM a crutch. Pathetic. Really. It doesn't function as it is supposed to on SO many levels, it's sickening.

12-25-08 07:05 PM
    This is like the lady suing McDonalds because they didn't tell her her coffee was hot when she spilled it on herself.
    Ummm...No. It's not. If you think it is, you're an idioit.

12-25-08 07:10 PM
    I don't have the time or patience to "Wait for them to fix it". All of the people saying that, you're simply giving RIM a crutch. Pathetic. Really. It doesn't function as it is supposed to on SO many levels, it's sickening.
    I understand where you're coming from and realize that the curve is a more stable phone but isn't going back to one ALSO giving RIM a crutch? It's still supporting them, still giving them money, and still allowing them to stay around. The only way to not "give someone a crutch" is by completely switching companies isn't it?
    12-25-08 07:36 PM
    My question is if he really threw it against a wall and then he is sending it back, does he not expect to be charged for the phone because it is now damaged? I bought the Storm because of the cool features, but I also have a camcorder and a digital camera and unless there is some type of mechanical problem I know that they are going to do exactly what they were purchased for. I would never think that my cell phone is supposed to replace all of my digital equipment. It's convenient to be abe to talk, play games, text, email, chat, surf the web, take pictures and record videos from one device, but we can't be nieve and think that all of those things can be done perfectly from one piece of equipment.
    i agree 100%. very well said.

merry christmas to all.
    12-25-08 08:30 PM
    This is like the lady suing McDonalds because they didn't tell her her coffee was hot when she spilled it on herself.
    Nothing alike - this is a product defect (hardware or software), the other was user error. Don't be silly trying to compare two completely different things!

Absolutely I also have a camcorder, digital camera and would never completely rely on my storm for any quality media. It’s good for a spur of the moment shot or video. I get a laugh when I see those people at sporting events or shows taking pics with there phone.
    I'm with you on that one....I wouldn't use a cell phone to film something important...
    Who said it is an "important" event? Perhaps the person just wanted a short/quick video clip to send to a distant family member, via MMS, of the child unwrapping a package that person mailed out to them ... can you do that with your fancy camcorder?

... As for everyone who keeps saying "It's new and give them time to fix the bugs", FUKC THAT !
    I'm with you on this. RIM is not new to camera's or video recording on their BlackBerry. I don't care that this is there first touch-screen device, it isn't the first device to have these features. It still uses the same basic software and hardware for this. There is no excuse for certain things. I can understand touch-screen issues, and even expect that (this is why I will not buy a Storm for a few months), but not other problems that are now common features for RIM.
    12-25-08 08:33 PM
    no... its not

Getting into an auto accident and suing RIM for having a device that is hard to text on while driving would be a closer analogy if you ask me
    12-25-08 09:01 PM
    Amusing that this guy can't record on his phone, which by the way is a feature, and people cut him down telling him he should have used a camcorder.

Perhaps when he can't make any calls on it you all can tell him why doesn't he just use his home phone. Can't take a picture well hey go out and buy one of those diposable ones. Just because your phone has a camera you should not expect it to take them. Come on str3ssed your asking way too much here ; )

12-25-08 09:02 PM
    It's convenient to be abe to talk, play games, text, email, chat, surf the web, take pictures and record videos from one device, but we can't be nieve and think that all of those things can be done perfectly from one piece of equipment.
    Why not? It can be done from any other BlackBerry (that has these features). That is the point of a smart phone. To have it all in one device. Might not be as high of quality (of coarse the camera wont be as good as a high end digital camera) but it should work perfectly. Yes the Storm is new so in needs more updates, so you probably should have used a different camera, but I totally understand where you are coming from.
    12-25-08 10:04 PM
    Ahhh ... Cereal killer, good to see you here again stirring the pot. Not enough in the Curve forum or just building the post count?

If the OP has a problem with the video recorder, so be it. Problems happen ... to anything. He should return it. Get another storm, get another phone or whatever. His prerogative.
    Yes there are bugs in some Storms, but definitely not in all Storms. Read the threads on the majority of Storm users don't have problems. Also, the majority are still on their 1st Storm.
    I've had mine since day one (11/21) and so has my wife. No problems. Still on .076. I posted before how at the Christmas party this year, I had people playing with the Storm for over an hour, without me around. No lockups, no problems. I insure my memory is adequate, I back up it up everyday, clear the cache and I do run some 3rd party apps, and yes ... my video recorder worked great today along with the camera. Yes, the camera can be slow, but not a show stopper. My voyager was slow as well with the auto focus.
    My Treo could not hold a candle to the stability of my Storm. The only other phone in the Storm's class is the iPhone. But even it has different strengths and weakness's.
    On the last note, I agree with the poster that if you are going to shoot something important, why would you use a camera phone? I don't go to my grand daughters play with the Storm and expect to get good video's or even pictures. This is what I have my DSLR for. Better lenses, better overall pictures. The Storm can only shoot a 3.2 meg picture for goodness sake! Great for a phone maybe, taking a snapshot, but not for a picture in a scrap book, at least IMO.
    And I definitely am not going to expect the Storm to take my videos. Just isn't going to happen, not my "keepers". That's what the DV Cam is for. It would remind me of taking a knife to a gun fight!!! Yes, I took some videos today with the Storm, as I said earlier. But they are not the ones that I want to keep and distribute to others, just some quickies!
    So .. to the OP, I would advise returning your Storm. If you kinda liked it, try another, there are good Storms out there. If not, get another phone that will do what you want.
    Merry Xmas!!!!
    12-25-08 10:20 PM
    All I can say is LMAO; good luck with your tat cover up.......
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-25-08 10:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD