So, my blackberry storm was beginning to slow down at some point, so I decided to do a simple restart by shutting it off through the power button. That's when the problems began.

1st problem: My Messages icon had disappeared. Along with my Facebook icon. I've tried doing "Show All" "Hide/Unhide" troubleshooting, but to no avail. They still haven't reappeared. The only way I can access my Messages is by doing "Search". You all can probably see how this can be a pain. I tried going into the options menu of my text messaging and changed the option to combine, and that made both icons disappear. I simply did search again and got into my text messaging and replaced it back to separate, and my text messaging icon reappear.

2nd problem: My song library was suddenly reduced from 420 to 329. I fixed this easily by removing the memory card and replacing it. But it's happened around 3 times. I'm assuming there might be a problem when it is able to read most of the songs from the card but fail to show 109 of them 3 times.

3rd problem: When I remove my battery for a restart, it restarts normally up to the point where the "Verizon Wireless" is permanently stuck on the screen. This is obviously not normal. Just to get back into my phone, I have to turn it off through the power button and turn it back on.

4th problem: WordMole has also disappeared from the icons.

I've already tried seeing if an update or there was some anomaly within the software and checked if the Desktop Manager would be able to repair it. Once again, no go.

So if anyone could come up with any solutions to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dassinar
    03-10-09 09:46 PM
    #1 shutting off through the Power Button doesn't shut it off. It makes it go to StandBy

#2 I would venture that you are running .75 OS?

#3 Update your OS to a Beta.... .114 just came out. I have had luck with .109
    03-10-09 09:53 PM
    YJust take it to verizon and say WTF replace this piece o crap and then try again with a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 07:53 AM
    Using the shutoff button does not reboot the phone do a battery pull while the phone is on and let us know what happens

03-11-09 08:27 AM
    You might try an HRT & Send Service Books....

HRT
    Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing
    Press the BB Button
    Select Register Device

Send Service Books
    Open the Setup Folder
    Open Email Setup
    Sign on
    Press the BB Button
    Select Service Books
    Send Service Books

Complete with a battery pull!
    03-11-09 08:34 AM
    I had the same problem with Icons disappearing, and got them to come back after doing a battery pull.

Try the battery pull as follows
    1. Make sure the phone is ON
    2. pull the battery for about 45 Seconds
    3. Reinsert the battery.

Your icons should reappear.
    03-11-09 03:18 PM
    After doing a battery pull, my device sometimes takes up to 5 minutes to display the icons. For most of this time, I have the dreaded white screen w/ spinning clock in center.

Is this amount of time to "refresh" normal ?
    03-11-09 11:40 PM
    After doing a battery pull, my device sometimes takes up to 5 minutes to display the icons. For most of this time, I have the dreaded white screen w/ spinning clock in center.

Is this amount of time to "refresh" normal ?
    yes. it does take a bit of time...
    03-11-09 11:42 PM
    YJust take it to verizon and say WTF replace this piece o crap and then try again with a new one

that's what I would do. My local Verizon store is excellent, and I've never had a problem with them.
    03-11-09 11:43 PM
    thx for the response
    03-11-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD