I've searched these boards and other forums about my Storm's random reboot problem and found that it's a known bug that can't be fixed. Right? My Storm is only a week and a half old, but so is my husband's, and his doesn't do this. It reboots 3-5 times per day and the reboot takes a good 3-5 minutes. It did it right from the get-go, so it's not app related. It's really frustrating.

So, there's no fix sneaking around out there that I don't know about, right?

What a PITA. I don't want to have to adjust all my settings a DL all my apps all over again. And my screen's clickyness is way better than my husband's, so I hope I get another good one. Arg!
    05-15-09 05:16 PM
    there is another thread like this that was just opened. I know what your first sentence said, but please read thru other active threads and search before posting a new thread. If an answer to your questioon was given, it would be there. no need to create multiple/duplicate threads of the exact same issue, requesting the exact same info.

what I said in the other thread, as well, is that you should reload your OS via DM. The same thing was happening with a friend's phone, then he came over and I reloaded the OS. Haven't heard about any problems since.

It's easy to do, and might be more worthwhile to do it thru the loader.exe file in c:\program files\common files\rim\apploader\loader.exe

make sure you backup your info in DM BEFORE you do the reload, just in case.
    05-15-09 05:25 PM
    there is another thread like this that was just opened. I know what your first sentence said, but please read thru other active threads and search before posting a new thread. If an answer to your questioon was given, it would be there. no need to create multiple/duplicate threads of the exact same issue, requesting the exact same info.
    Did you notice that the other poster and I posted the same thing within 12 minutes of each other? I'm pretty sure I was registering and typing as the other poster was doing the same. I'm not an *****, obviously if I had seen the other thread first I wouldn't have posted this. I hope I didn't upset the duplicate thread gods too mightily.

I definitely have no clue how to do whatever it was you said to do, so I think I'll just be visiting my friendly VZ tech this weekend. Thanks for replying anyway though...maybe they'll just do that instead of giving me a whole new phone? Who knows.
    05-15-09 05:33 PM
    I didn't notice the time exact, no. I just saw that your post was about 3 lines down.

I'll just respond in the other thread from now on since it's the most active at this point.
    05-15-09 05:36 PM
    Mine did the same, random reboots, locking up, etc. I returned it 1 week later and got a new in box replacement and this one is still running strong, and on the original .75 OS too.
    05-15-09 05:37 PM
    sometimes crap happens at the factory. But rebooting is usually software rather than hardware. I totally agree with sever
    05-15-09 05:47 PM
    I didn't notice the time exact, no. I just saw that your post was about 3 lines down.

I'll just respond in the other thread from now on since it's the most active at this point.
    If people are going to be so cranky they shouldn't even bother responding or acknowledgeing the treads.
    05-15-09 06:09 PM
    .75 is known to do this, upgrade your OS from one of the leaked versions on here. it will stop randomly rebooting and the battery life will be drastically increased.
    05-16-09 06:55 AM
    To answer your question in the title of the thread: yes, return it. For a real smartphone that works, not another Storm.
    05-16-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD