Since I had a few days in town, I decided to replace my storm. I had a few issues with my original but I had it running pretty much the way I wanted and screen lag was minimal. I exchanged primarily because:

I wasn't happy with the quality of my camera
    My speakerphone never seemed quite right
    When I undid the credit card mod, I just wasn't happy with the keyboard
    I noticed a stuck pixel that would come and go randomly, an easy way to fix it was to play the Babylon trailer, it would always fix the stuck pixel, but that was becoming a pain.

So, my 1st storm was made in Canada, this one was made in Mexico. There is a noticeable difference in the fitment of the battery door between the two units. The device made in Canada had a better fitting door. The new one fits good, but its alot harder to get the cover off of the device. The new device was running .65 and I am in the process of upgrading, it had alot more lag than the original when new but deleting VZ Nav and VVM sped it up nicely. The keyboard was no better or worse than my original device, what I have found is that the CC mod makes the screen operate better, no question, even if you have a new device. The few mm that it raises the screen makes a world of difference, even on a new phone. I might try the new mod and loosen the screws on the back, but honestly the CC mod makes the keyboard just right for me, its easily reversible and a quick fix. As for my other issues, the camera is still not great, but better than what I had before, the picture quality is still subpar for a 3.2MP camera, especially in low light, but I think my original camera was just a dud. The speakerphone is better also, but I think RIM skimped on the speaker as I have heard better on far cheaper phones. Overall, I am glad I exchanged just to ease my mind on some of those issues. No sooner than I activated the phone, I got the wireless update icon, I am updating via DM just because of the size of the update and I might try .76 again to see how it does with the new phone, it didn't do much better than .75 on my old device. FYI, Best Buy has tons of storms, anyone that still can't get one should hit them up. I had no problems with my exchange, a tech verified that I had not damaged the phone and my exchange took only about 15 minutes, mainly for reactivation.
    12-06-08 03:32 PM
    Yeah, but BestBuy does not honor NE2 discounts or VIP discounts. If I were Verizon, I'd pull their agent status as a reseller.
    12-06-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD