I got my Storm a few days ago.. I really liked it at first.. But I'm quickly starting to not like it..

The phone seems rather slow. I upgraded from an 8830 World Phone, and that thing was lightning fast. This is not. Period.

The phone always wants to go to vertical view. I never even use vertical view!! All it does is slow everything down. More so than it already is.

The phone seems to like crashing on me. Whether it is after trying to open a text or just deleting a few items. Boom. Done. And the 5 minute reboot is insane to say the least.

The phone has the newest factory software on it (7.5 or whatever it is). This just seems like a big joke to me. No wonder these things aren't selling. I really had high hopes for this phone, and I really want to believe that it CAN be better than it is. But right now, it's looking like it's going back unless you guys can help me out a little here. Because this is ridiculous. There's no reason that such a high-end phone should be such a piece of ****.

I was running it with a 2 line main screen, but have reduced to 1 to try to help the speed. I have put everything into folders and gotten rid of what I didn't use. I only have a handful of wallpapers and ringtones downloaded to the phone. All are saved to the card.

I have no clue what else to do. I really, really, REALLY want to like this phone. But it's really hard when it's so frustrating. I have no problem with the screen typing or anything. Just the stupid *** operating system.

I've seen that there's been some non-official updates to the software on here.. But I'm totally new to all of that, and I don't want to screw anything up if I'm just gonna take it back..

Once again, ANY info will be appreciated. I'm VERY frustrated.
    02-12-09 03:22 AM
    Make sure that the wall paper you're using is stored on the device. That will help it when in portrait mode. Also you should upgrade the OS and you'll find that it runs MUCH faster.
    02-12-09 03:50 AM
    Well i do not have the phone (YET) im getting it within 2-3weeks , and i hope they come out with an update that fixes most of the problems, but ive looked up so much it basically seems i already have the phone.But back to your problem, Go to the OS forums and look for Sith's OS 4.7.100 3rd version of it. it is supposed to be great. then look on how to download it. from all your problems your phone should be a lot better.
    02-12-09 03:58 AM
    I just got mine yesterday and upgraded to the new .103 and it is so much better then the .75 version.
    02-12-09 08:31 AM
    If you get rid of apps you are not using it will run *much* faster.
    02-12-09 08:42 AM
    Memory Cleaner is key too, I find that if I run this a few times a day it tends to keep it a bit faster. The phone is a bit sluggish, but over all my storm isn't all that bad. maybe the imagine for your storm is screwy somehow. I had issues with my first storm, when I got the replacement the first thing I did was flash the phone and start completely over from scratch. Seems to have worked alright for me.
    02-12-09 08:55 AM
    Its slow because your usin the first OS. I guess its the only official OS. Download .99 or .103. You'll be very surprised at the difference in speed and performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:11 AM
    Yeah, I got the memory cleaner thing going and I will run that a few times a day.. I got rid of all of the apps that it will let me.. Will the 4.7.100 / 4.7.103 still work just like OEM, but just faster? I've never done something like that before.. I'm certainly not a computer programmer.. Is it something that I should probably be able to do myself..??
    02-12-09 09:11 AM
    Its easy. However these versions aren't official and they are beta.

02-12-09 09:13 AM
    I used .75 up until a few days ago. I found that if kept my phone clean it ran near perfectly. Here's what I did every day or every other:
    Delete messages
    Delete call log
    Delete event log
    Clear browser cache, cookies, etc
    Close all apps
    Battery pull
    I keep my blackberry just as clean as my desktop. Treat it like a mini computer!
    Also make sure you are CLOSING all of your apps and not just backing out. That also made a big difference for me. Good luck.

02-12-09 09:55 AM
    Yeah, I got the memory cleaner thing going and I will run that a few times a day.. I got rid of all of the apps that it will let me.. Will the 4.7.100 / 4.7.103 still work just like OEM, but just faster? I've never done something like that before.. I'm certainly not a computer programmer.. Is it something that I should probably be able to do myself..??

I'm using .99 and it�s running very well.
    02-12-09 10:15 AM
    I used .75 up until a few days ago. I found that if kept my phone clean it ran near perfectly. Here's what I did every day or every other:
    Delete messages
    Delete call log
    Delete event log
    Clear browser cache, cookies, etc
    Close all apps
    Battery pull
    I keep my blackberry just as clean as my desktop. Treat it like a mini computer!
    Also make sure you are CLOSING all of your apps and not just backing out. That also made a big difference for me. Good luck.

Yes, I delete all old messages and stuff very often. I'm a neat freak as well..

But what to do you mean close them? Is there something in the BB button that says close? And what's the event log? Would that be with the calender?
    02-12-09 10:21 AM
    Bb button>close. Or hold down the back button. If you hold down the bb button a strip will pop up with your running apps. There are five that always run. All others, close.
    Clear event log:
    In landscape hit bb button(menu)>show keyboard number lock> "/"/ > menu> clear log

02-12-09 10:31 AM
    Now I'm not coming from another BlackBerry like you, but I just got my Storm last Friday and I really like it. It's no slower than the Dare.

Also, I agree with everyone else, if you follow what they say it will be faster. I did all of that before I even came to this forum and it's faster and I'm still running the factory OS.
    02-12-09 10:36 AM
    Upgrade. It's a world of difference.
    02-12-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD