My phone is unlocked... I have a storm on verizon and I just got an unlock code the other night and unlocked my phone... Due to me being laid off I doubt ill be able to keep up with my phone bill... Does anyone know of a Prepaid SIM I could use that has unlimited data that I can use on my Storm??
    07-16-09 08:35 PM
    If its unlocked then just switch to T-Mobile I hear its less expensive. I'm sorry about your job though, I hope you are able to find a new one soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:06 PM
    If its unlocked then just switch to T-Mobile I hear its less expensive. I'm sorry about your job though, I hope you are able to find a new one soon

I just have a feeling that Tmobile will want a rediculous deposit if verizon terminates me...
    07-16-09 09:09 PM
    I just have a feeling that Tmobile will want a rediculous deposit if verizon terminates me...
    T-mobile blows. Best bet is to cut down on your verizon plan. in fact they offer deals every month. Best way to get the cheapest is to keep up with the deals and change your plan to the cheapest as you go along.

Sorry about your job too!
    07-16-09 09:13 PM
    Hope you find a job soon buddy.
    07-16-09 10:02 PM
    Nope go with the cheapest one because the data is the least of ur problems u should look for a job and sell the storm and get a cheaper phone.
    07-16-09 10:23 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your job... Perhaps get a crappy one to front the bill of your phone until a better one comes along, and until then, as others have said, scale your plan back.
    07-17-09 07:03 AM
    If you get into a crunch, and need to sell the storm for a little bit of cash, let me know. I will gladly donate a VZ 8830 to you
    07-17-09 07:44 AM
    Sorry to hear about your job. I was in a similar situation. I ended up having to take a big pay cut at low paying job. And the restrictions on internet usage at this job were a little tight. So I got the Storm hoping to use it to surf the net for jobs and read job notification emails from job search web sites while at work. It hasn't paid off yet...Oh well
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-17-09 at 12:39 PM.
    07-17-09 11:42 AM
    Ok seriously people this isn't a political forum its a forum about the Storm.

Keep it on topic people seriously. Crackberry is all about making EVERYONE feel welcome right? If so lets not get into the political talk not all of us are all going to agree.
    07-17-09 11:44 AM
    sorry to cause a political discussion... that wasnt my intentions.... I have no political views and the reason I stated writing obama for a bail out was cause he is the current president... it has nothing to do with political standpoints... further more its a joke I crack with my friends cause im in serious debt other then my phone bill...

I would love to cut back on my phone plan but its the only plan ive found so far that keeps me away from overages... although now that i dont have a job i could probably cut back on the minutes on my plan due to the fact that I used my phone a lot at my previous job... I just dont want to see any overages...
    07-18-09 02:38 AM
    your best bet like someone said was just get a basic phone put the storm in the box and save it until you get another job that way you can cut back on the data plan at least. good luck!
    07-18-09 02:55 AM
    If you get into a crunch, and need to sell the storm for a little bit of cash, let me know. I will gladly donate a VZ 8830 to you
    Thank you for the offer. I might take you up on it depending on what my interviews look like next week... and if i can get unemployment or not...
    07-18-09 03:13 AM
    Good luck on the job hunting Techno. I would hate to be in your shoes right now. I have made it through 4 layoffs at my work in the last year. I have to agree with several of the others on here. Downgrade your phone and/or data plan or just don't use it very much until you are back on your feet again. Good Luck
    07-18-09 03:25 AM
    Don't know if T-Mobile will be cheaper for you or not but, you CAN get a month-to-month deal with BlackBerry data. No credit checks or contracts. I know their service blows but, you brought it up so I figured I'd throw it out there. If it DOES end up being cheaper than what you can get through VZW, you can ask VZW to suspend your account. While you won't have a monthly bill, your contract will just get extended for however long you "pause" the account for.
    07-18-09 03:41 AM
    Sorry about the job as i was in a similar situation up until recently. Keep your head up, and I hope you find something soon that will make life a little easier for you.
    07-18-09 04:41 AM
    Where does one find these monthly deals? I lost my job two weeks after getting the storm. I got another right away but making half what I was. Still looking of course, but not much out there and lots of people competing for what little is there.

My bill is $140. That's for three lines + data on my storm. They say I'm already on the lowest available family plan even though collectively we only use about 200 minutes per month. If I separate the three lines and put a minimal plan on each, it ends up costing more.

07-18-09 07:31 AM
    Folks,

Lets have any political discussions in the Off Topic Forum, or better yet not at all, as they tend to get quite flamey (is that a word? BUT you know what I mean!). Otherwise lets keep this thread on topic, the OPs job loss and ways to help him save money, and salvage his blackberry usuage. I like RGs idea, grab his 8830 (great non multimedia BB), sell the Storm (you can probably get 200-300 for it), and cut back your plan as much as humanly possible.

And a reminder for those having the political discussion...

Folks from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    07-18-09 08:04 AM
    Personally, if I was in your boat, a cell phone is a luxury and one of the last things I would keep if I lost my job. If you only have a cell phone as a means of communication then dig up an old dumb phone for free from somewhere and get the absolute lowest plan there is, telling people not to call unless it is an emergency or a job offer.

It never ceases to amaze me whenever I see similar posts and people say they really want to keep their phone but don't have a job and can't afford to eat. Food and shelter come first my friend, anything else is a luxury. You gotta kick into survival mode because with this economy, who knows how long until you find a job. They are out there but you have to look hard, hone your skills and resume, and go for the kill. Good luck to you. Try listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio, or picking up one of his books for sound financial advice.

07-18-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD