Not bad. I'm going to get it. The rep told me the software was out of date and there would be flashes for the new ones sold tomorrow and the ones shipped will be updated already. Said there was no OTA updates, but available online.

Touch: I like it. I consider myself a fairly fast typist and I don't think I could outrun it. Those of you with severe typing problems must be f'n mobile wizards.

Browser: She said the browser on this unit was not usable due to it being on a corporate network, Translation: She was kind of unsure about it. She said on the ones she has used that it is better than the iPhone. Obviously personal opinion.

Interface: Not bad. Screen is gorgeous like everyone else said.

Orientation sensor: Worked pretty decent. Took maybe 2.5 seconds to flip. She said that wait time is dramatically improved in new software version.

Now for the BAD news:

This was a Circuit City VZW and she said they only got 2. And she has two good friends who are coming at 5 am to camp. So basically anyone showing up tomorrow at that location is not getting one. She did say however that they can order them for overnight delivery for Saturday, all free of charge, so not a huge deal. The other Circuit City according to her got 5. So I have a feeling many people will getting theres on Saturday.
    11-20-08 10:34 PM
    I also had the opportunity to try the Storm at my Verizon store today. There were a lot of people waiting behind me so I didn't hoard it. I did, however, spend a fair amount of time with the typing as it was a big concern of mine after reading some of these reviews.

I wouldn't consider my typing skills lightning fast but I do pretty well...better than average. I must say that it felt very nice to me and I didn't make any errors in the two sentences I wrote. For me, the learning curve to get acclimated to it will be minimal.

The one thing that was annoying (and has been repeating many times here) is the accelerometer. As stated by many others, it is brutally slow. I don't understand how VZW/RIM could have let this become an issue.

Anyway, I will be giving it a shot tomorrow.
    11-20-08 10:50 PM
    lucky, have yet to play with one hoepfully this weekend.
    11-20-08 10:54 PM
    It is a quality device, atleast at face value. I have a hard time finding anyone that could hate the screen. Not be your cup of tea, sure. It's really not that amazing. I mean, is it cool, yes, is it revolutionary, eh, not so much. So it clicks, big deal.

I think the coolest part will be for browsing being able to scroll around and highlight things without being forced to actually select it with the slightest touch.

The girl who showed it to me had large breasts so as I was peering over her shoulder I wasn't always 100% focused on the phone either...haha.
    11-20-08 10:59 PM
    Brando - did you snap a shot of the large sweater bunnies?
    11-20-08 11:09 PM
    No, they were very elusive. Those rascally wabbits!
    11-20-08 11:11 PM
    So did I, I see what they meant about a certain part of the screen been harder than the rest. It's where the screen meets the buttons area for making and receiving calls. But the rest is exactly the same. Not that bad.
    11-20-08 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD