I got my Storm Friday. I never did get a tracking number.
    sorry for the late resopnse. The answer is no, I have heard nothing regarding tracking. Same story, every day.
    12-02-08 10:10 AM
    got a tracking number this afternoon. Delivery on 12/4
    12-02-08 01:32 PM
    i ordered yesterday, and when i check status online, it says "the order will be processed in 2 or 3 business days".

i'm trying to not think of it because i'm assuming i won't be receiving until xmas or so......
    12-02-08 01:36 PM
    Placed my order at night on the 22nd, got the tracking number yesterday and arrived today. Can't wait to get home and start playing.
    12-02-08 02:28 PM
    i ordered yesterday, and when i check status online, it says "the order will be processed in 2 or 3 business days".

i'm trying to not think of it because i'm assuming i won't be receiving until xmas or so......
    the order will be processed status i think is just the waiting till the charge completes and goes fully through on your credit card. also as long as you ordered and it still said will ship by the 15th it will ship by then. ive been assured that basically garunteed that will be true and with it being 3 days since i ordered and that same date is still up there i think thats just a verizon cover their **** date.
    12-02-08 02:50 PM
    got a tracking number this afternoon. Delivery on 12/4
    whend you order?
    12-02-08 03:19 PM
    hey i ordered mine from the verizon place in circuit city how do i check the status of my order.......btw i ordered black friday sooo the 28th
    12-02-08 03:22 PM
    I just got my tracking number today and it will be in my hand tomorrow at noon wahoo. I odered mine on the 23rd so hot dog i am getting it early cant wait to get my hands on my new phone
    12-02-08 03:30 PM
    waiting for truck to pull in the driveway any minute!!!!!!!!
    12-02-08 03:42 PM
    whend you order?
    Ordered 11/25 evening in store
    Order processing email received 11/26 afternoon
    Called 11/30, 12/1- no update
    Tracking number received 12/2 afternoon
    Delivery scheduled by 7:00 PM 12/4
    12-03-08 06:29 AM
    ordered 11/24 online
    rec'd tracking # yesterday
    due to receive my storm today by 4:30pm!
    12-03-08 08:14 AM
    Order online 11/21 at 4:00PM ET
    Received Tracking Number 12/2 at 5:14PM ET
    Scheduled for delivery on 12/3 by 3:00PM ET
    12-03-08 08:56 AM
    Ordered 11/25 evening in store
    Order processing email received 11/26 afternoon
    Called 11/30, 12/1- no update
    Tracking number received 12/2 afternoon
    Delivery scheduled by 7:00 PM 12/4
    so pissed - I did the same thing except I called today and there's still no update for me. Why the **** is Verizon sending phones out to some customers and not others?
    12-03-08 09:00 AM
    Placed my order at night on the 22nd, got the tracking number yesterday and arrived today. Can't wait to get home and start playing.
    What version of the OS is your Storm - I think this will put to rest some rumors if its shipping with an updated OS...
    12-03-08 09:00 AM
    so pissed - I did the same thing except I called today and there's still no update for me. Why the **** is Verizon sending phones out to some customers and not others?
    Tell me about it man. I got my order in online the afternoon of launch day and people that have ordered it a day or 2 after me have already gotten theirs! I am getting mine today so I'm a happy camper at this point, but Verizon really dropped the ball on this one.

I went to an actual Verizon store on launch day and was in line for an hour, only to be told that they didn't have any left when it was my turn (lady in front of me got the last one). I guess it was too hard for them to count how many people were in line and compare that with the number of phones they had available, because they would not say how many they had on hand. One of the guys in front of me grabbed his son and left, after being ignored completey by a CSR when he asked her how many were left. That was probably one of the worst displays of customer service I have ever seen. After being told they had none left but they could order one for me, I told them that I would just order online. Even though I'd probably have the phone in my hand by now if I had done that, there was no way I was putting money in those CSR's pockets after they wasted an hour of my time.

Anyhow, I'm new to the forums but I figured I'd share my launch day frustrations with everyone.
    Last edited by Moondogg; 12-03-08 at 09:39 AM.
    12-03-08 09:35 AM
    This has been extremely frustrating. The lack of organization/communication is why I left Verizon a year ago. But now I'm back because I'm a sucker for new gadgets.

Called Thursday 11/20 and spoke with a Telesales rep. I placed the order with him and he said it would be processed first thing on Friday the 21st and I would have Saturday delivery for the 22nd. As it turns out, he put the wrong billing zip code in the system and the order was kicked back to him on Friday the 21st. He was out sick that day so nothing happened to my order so I missed out on the first round even though I should have been included. Oh well.

He called me Saturday morning and told me about the error and he entered the correct zip code. Unfortunately because the order was not entered until 11/22 - I feel into the "by the 15th (8th) crowd. I wasn't happy. I never received a confirmation e-mail or anything. Monday the 24th I left a message for him. The 25th another message. The 26th an e-mail. Last Friday I finally called another Telesales rep and he pulled the order. As it turns out, after the order was rejected the first time, it needed some kind of further verification. The original rep didn't do it. So as of the 28th - no order was placed yet. I was furious and even though the new TS rep admitted the original guy "dropped the ball," they wouldn't work with me on getting one ASAP. So I told them to cancel the order.

On a whim, yesterday I went online and ordered one. I immediately received a confirmation email that my order was in processing. Then a few hours later I received an e-mail that said my order was processed. My order status screen says 3-4 business days. Here's hoping I get a tracking number sometime today.
    12-03-08 10:25 AM
    Called 11/24 and ordered the Storm. Got the email for order proccessed on 11/26..

Got my tracking number today 12/3 at around 12:30 EST

Cheers YAY!!
    12-03-08 11:58 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD