I thought it would be nice to take some videos and pictures (with my Storm .83) while boarding at Boreal Ski Resort. It didn't turn out well. Since it was cold, my bb menu wouldn't work, video didn't want to record (had to pull several battery pulls), touchscreen icons wouldn't recognize my touch....so just my 2 cent for those planning to use their Storm while out in the cold. The only good thing.....a 2 min clip of me going down the slope.
    12-27-08 12:28 AM
    Must be nice to have zero value of money. Might as well try swimming with it in your hand.
    12-27-08 12:34 AM
    Must be nice to have zero value of money. Might as well try swimming with it in your hand.
    What do you mean? how was he flaunting money?

Oh, and when I go skiing, I'll probably have my storm. I always take my phone with me on the slopes, I use it to take pictures, of course(I take my gloves off anyways when taking pictures, so no real touch screen problem, hopefully).
    12-27-08 12:36 AM
    just sayin its pretty risky to take video while goin down a slope. **** if he wipes out the storm wipes out, literally. ha. just doesnt seem worth it
    12-27-08 12:39 AM
    just sayin its pretty risky to take video while goin down a slope. **** if he wipes out the storm wipes out, literally. ha. just doesnt seem worth it
    I guess. But I still don't get what that has to do with money. I mean if you are within the 30 days, you get a new one, plus if you have insurance you are covered. And, he probably would back up his phone, I would for sure. I always take my phone out with me when I go skiing, I mean, there is a chance of it falling, but I'll take that chance lol, I have never broken any device on the slopes(though I'm never actually skiing when I take the picture/video, only when stopped or resting or something, going down a slope while take a video would be pretty risky, lol, i agree with you there).
    12-27-08 12:42 AM
    I guess. But I still don't get what that has to do with money. I mean if you are within the 30 days, you get a new one, plus if you have insurance you are covered. And, he probably would back up his phone, I would for sure. I always take my phone out with me when I go skiing, I mean, there is a chance of it falling, but I'll take that chance lol, I have never broken any device on the slopes(though I'm never actually skiing when I take the picture/video, only when stopped or resting or something, going down a slope while take a video would be pretty risky, lol, i agree with you there).
    Wow, so if I run over my Storm within 30 days, I get a new one?
    12-27-08 12:45 AM
    Wow, so if I run over my Storm within 30 days, I get a new one?
    almost positive yes. It is a worry-free guarantee on verizon's part.
    12-27-08 12:46 AM
    ok i shouldnt have gone with the "no value of money" line but i still think its borderline stupid to take video while actually snowboarding down a slope.
    12-27-08 12:48 AM
    Not unless running over the phone with a car is a manufacturer's defect.
    12-27-08 12:49 AM
    ok i shouldnt have gone with the "no value of money" line but i still think its borderline stupid to take video while actually snowboarding down a slope.
    lol, that is stupid. as i said, I would only take a vid/picture when stopped or resting, never when actually going down the slope. you sure he wasn't talking about taking a vid of someone else, or having someone take a vid of him?
    12-27-08 12:49 AM
    I snowboard with a storm, but use it as an mp3 player...to conserve battery life i turn off network connections...

storms camera has a very slow electronic shutter...so u really cant make it click pics at the right moment when ur moving (true with any camera phone)

i use helmet cam from tony hawk, bought it for about 60$...worth every buck, u can simply press a button to start video shooting and the cam sits on ur helmet or head...strapped in tight....can take cool videos with it
    12-27-08 12:50 AM
    You also may wanna consider that some people are confident enough in their skiing/boarding skills to take pictures/video when riding the slopes

I mean... you don't have to put the guy down for wanting to use his PHONE

What if he had to use his Storm to make an emergency call while on the slopes and it did not function properly?! Kinda sad the cold weather affected it the way it did hmmmm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not unless running over the phone with a car is a manufacturer's defect.
    I thought anything that when wrong with your phone, your fault or theirs you can return it...
    I use mine all the time when I go out snowboarding, Quading etc... I don�t see a problem with it? I have kept all my phones with my at all times and this one is no different. Granted for things like quading I put it in a plastic bag and out of harm�s way in a storage place where it�s not going to bounce around.
    12-27-08 12:53 AM
    I thought anything that when wrong with your phone, your fault or theirs you can return it...
    this is NOT true . . .

If you buy a phone at verizon and IN THE PARKING LOT of verizon you run your phone you better have had insurance on it!

The 30 day worry free return policy is for exchanging the phone to a different model or returning your accessories, or not wanting the phone period. If its a manufactuer defect (physical and/or liquid damage is not covered) you are covered for 1yr from the orignal date of purchase. . . now if the defect happens within 30 days the only difference is you get a brand new device to replace it as opposed to a certified like new replacement.

and for the record, this has to be the funniest thread i have ever read. . who takes their phone snowboarding. . Really? REALLY??
    12-27-08 02:17 AM
    and for the record, this has to be the funniest thread i have ever read. . who takes their phone snowboarding. . Really? REALLY??
    I bet you lots of people do. Let’s see bring it with me on the hill or leave it in my car to be stolen? Also to meet up with friends on the hill.

:P in fact I will be bringing mine on my weeklong stay at whistler tomorrow :P
    Last edited by Freebs; 12-27-08 at 02:38 AM.
    12-27-08 02:33 AM
    Hey thanks for the heads ups. That blows I use my phone alot on the slopes.
    I got this as a gift and would have taken that into consideration when looking at phones. I specificly bought a zune over Ipod because the zune boasts about outperforming the ipod in extreme cold weather. no slow screens.
    12-27-08 02:37 AM
    Didn't know boarding is a rich person sport. I don't have insurance. My friend works for verizon so any replacement fee is waive. The Storm is not my first phone I take up to the slopes. Like other members....calls to locate friends...take pixs..i'll just keep my experience to myself next time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by fishhuh; 12-27-08 at 10:48 AM.
    12-27-08 10:45 AM
    . who takes their phone snowboarding. . Really? REALLY??
    I've taken every phone I've ever owned to the mountain with me -- including my 8703, Pearl and this weekend my Storm (while taking my first boarding lessons too! I've only skied until yesterday).

Put it in your pocked and your trusty Storm will be just fine. Using it yesterday it slowed down a little bit, but was still functioning enough to call the wife to meet for lunch.

No slopes today though, high of 5 with big winds -- gonna hang out and watch some college football and play the Wii!!
    12-27-08 12:07 PM
    I will be using my pearl for when I ride, other than that I just Hire someone to do my vids, here is one of mine from Crested Butte
    12-27-08 12:12 PM
    I'm always afraid to use it skiing
    12-27-08 01:04 PM
    I will be using my pearl for when I ride, other than that I just Hire someone to do my vids, here is one of mine from Crested Butte
    Sweet video! Looks like a blast.
    12-27-08 01:24 PM
    I took mine on the slopes when I went boarding and it worked fine. I was listening to music the whole day without any problems. My touchscreen worked find (granted I took off my gloves.) But yea, no complaints from me.

.83 just has issues.
    12-27-08 01:45 PM
    You are kidding right? You really think that any company would replace a product that was damaged due to the owners negligence? Really? Yes, that is what insurance is for, but if you think for one minute they would replace a device that has water or physical damage just because it is within a 30 day period, please pass around whatever it is you are smoking because it has to be some good s***!
    12-27-08 02:51 PM
    You are kidding right? You really think that any company would replace a product that was damaged due to the owners negligence? Really? Yes, that is what insurance is for, but if you think for one minute they would replace a device that has water or physical damage just because it is within a 30 day period, please pass around whatever it is you are smoking because it has to be some good s***!
    well you aren't swimming with it. even if you get snow on it, it won't be water damaged unless you leave it in snow for a while
    12-27-08 03:02 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD