If they ever need a set of fingerprints all they gotta do is get hold of my Storm.

When I first got it and didn't know anything about it I got kind of abusive on the screen. There is no dust under the screen but it sure has a lot of hairline scratches and smudges on it. The smudges seem to be embedded into the plastic, I use eyeglass cleaner and it won't come off.

Is this grounds for a replacement? I also have the insurance (wife did that).
    04-27-09 07:37 AM
    Did you ever take off the factory screen protector? The storms screen is glass not plastic, and it is extremely resistant to scratches. For smudges I just use a microfiber cloth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 08:03 AM
    Did you ever take off the factory screen protector? The storms screen is glass not plastic, and it is extremely resistant to scratches. For smudges I just use a microfiber cloth.

GOD I AM SUCH AN *****!!!!

I thought it was a plastic cover all this time.

Thank you, I now have a brand new Storm.
    04-27-09 08:38 AM
    From my own experience- make sure if your storm is in your pocket, don't put your keys, change, etc. in there as it can scratch your screen if it hits it just right.
    04-27-09 09:08 AM
    That being said. You probably want to make sure you use a screen protector.

04-27-09 09:11 AM
    how can keys scratch glass..I have tried just to see...and i couldnt get it to scratch with keys, a box cutter or knife...if you put it in your pocket the keys may scratch the outside but the screen would be fine
    04-27-09 09:16 AM
    how can keys scratch glass..I have tried just to see...and i couldnt get it to scratch with keys, a box cutter or knife...if you put it in your pocket the keys may scratch the outside but the screen would be fine
    Wow, you are a brave individual! I think I'll pass on the screen cover, I can clean it with eyeglass cloths I buy at Walmart for like 3 bucks for 200 of them or something like that.

I've been cleaning the plastic cover all this time, worked ok except on those smudges.
    04-27-09 09:20 AM
    Thats some funny stuff..... i bet u where propa lovin it when u peeled back that plastic cover to see a brand spankin scratchless screen...... I find that sceen protectors have a nicer smoother slidy feel to them over just the glass itself, also it protects you against sand.... sand is the killer!
    04-27-09 09:48 AM
    Thats some funny stuff..... i bet u where propa lovin it when u peeled back that plastic cover to see a brand spankin scratchless screen...... I find that sceen protectors have a nicer smoother slidy feel to them over just the glass itself, also it protects you against sand.... sand is the killer!
    to be honest i did the bogo thing and added a line just to get 1 for my wife but she has finger nails and refuses to cut them...so I have an extra storm sitting on my desk that i put software on before i put it on the one i use...
    04-27-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD