Ive searched and as there are millions of texting posts, im hoping someone can lend some advice on a petty question:

when im texting using the predictive texting in portrait mode, i press the UI button and before the 5.0.0.328 update it would chose the "I". now it choses the "U" first. well, i tend to use the "I" more than "U" on its own. is there a way to set a preference to have it use that more often? same with the JK button... i like to answer with a "K" instead of OK" but it puts a "J" instead. if im taking my sweet time ill catch it and change it, but when im texting fast its annoying and confuses my recipient. As an example, a friend asked if i could make it to a movie later in the evening, and as i text back in a hurry, instead of saying i can make it later tonight, he gets, "Hey! U think U can make it tonight!" now hes wondering why im asking him the same question he just asked me. i know its petty, but its annoying and it didnt do this till the new threaded texting/OS update. advice?
    12-10-09 10:58 AM
    Use the full keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 02:17 PM
    that kinda defeats the purpose of me using the predictive texting.
    12-10-09 03:05 PM
    Use the full keyboard.

Wow... Just don't post anymore.

I am wondering if there is a fix for this also because it kinda deterred me away from the predictive keyboard.

12-10-09 03:20 PM
    Mine goes to 'I' not 'u' when pressing that button. I think after you manually correct it a few times it will default to that letter.
    12-10-09 03:29 PM
    Options > Autotext

Set up an autotext that will replace the letter "U" with the letter "I"
    (It will only replace the "U" when used by itself, not when it's included in a word"

It's a bug with the latest release, and I have no clue how something like that could get past the testing process.
    Last edited by Neosurfur; 12-10-09 at 03:35 PM.
    12-10-09 03:31 PM
    Mine goes to 'I' not 'u' when pressing that button. I think after you manually correct it a few times it will default to that letter.
    I was hoping that would happen as it does that sometimes with other things. it seems to know (most of the time) what word im looking for like if im typing "are" or "see". it usually puts the right one out there for me. ill have to try the autotext option
    Last edited by bospider01; 12-10-09 at 03:40 PM.
    12-10-09 03:36 PM
    Is it really a bug, if I don't have this problem on .328?
    What if someone wants to use shorthand 'u' for 'you'.
    12-10-09 03:40 PM
    Seeing as this is technically a business phone, RIM shouldn't have made that an option to begin with. I would never use "u" in a text/email/message to anyone that I'm working for or with.

I see your point, but for the most part, people spell out the entire word. If someone only used "u" instead of "you" they wouldn't worry about this issue anyway.

As far as I can tell, and as far as the general public seems to think as I was searching for it, it's considered a bug.
    12-10-09 03:43 PM
    Is it really a bug, if I don't have this problem on .328?
    What if someone wants to use shorthand 'u' for 'you'.
    thats why i was saying that i use the "I" more than i do for subing "you" with "U". im not sure i would say its a bug, just more of a preference. i normally spell out "you" just by habit. i only change it to "U" if im out of characters and i need the extra 2 letters, lol.
    12-10-09 03:43 PM
    You're hitting space after hitting the u/i key right?

12-10-09 04:14 PM
    You're hitting space after hitting the u/i key right?

yup! after doing the autotext, its changing it after i press the space. that will do for now till someone figures out the root to this issue.
    12-10-09 04:32 PM
    this happens to me and I dont the 5.0 OS
    12-10-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD