Okay.. its really starting to **** me off. Granted this is my screen right here.

I dont know if having the facebook messages and all that is the issue... but I was told this phone has 1gb of INTERNAL memory. WHY are my messages deleting?

So far my memory is this.

Free Application memory: 17.3MB
    Device memory:

Total Space: 879.2MB
    Free Space: 874.2MB

Media Card: 7.3 free.

Like umm....? Help?
    02-01-09 06:22 PM
    Your App memory is 17.3? Holy crpa your phone must be runnig like a snail!!!
    02-01-09 06:51 PM
    Your App memory is 17.3? Holy crpa your phone must be runnig like a snail!!!
    17.3 is a BAD thing?
    02-01-09 06:58 PM
    Yes, App memory below 25.0 usually contributes to the Storm running very slow!
    02-01-09 06:59 PM
    Okay.. I'll work on that. But I'm not speaking on the slow running. I'm talking about my sms messages deleting...
    02-01-09 07:05 PM
    Okay.. I'll work on that. But I'm not speaking on the slow running. I'm talking about my sms messages deleting...

do u have the settings set on forever?
    02-01-09 08:47 PM
    do u have the settings set on forever?
    Yeah, i do. Set that first thing
    02-01-09 10:31 PM
    lol. i'm jealous of how popular you are :P

j/p
    02-02-09 03:55 AM
    Lmao yea wtf I don't even have 16 bbm buddies lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 04:08 AM
    And y don't u check ur facebook notifications? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 04:09 AM
    Lol just noticed no stars on thesms and bbm icons? Pshop? Haha
    02-02-09 04:10 AM
    Doesn't the phone delete messages and such when it starts to get below a certain amount of free app memory? That's what I've been told and understood. You have quite a bit of messages and who knows what apps are running other than those shown. Not sure if that helps. You probably already knew that.
    02-02-09 06:41 AM
    Lol just noticed no stars on thesms and bbm icons? Pshop? Haha
    Who the **** really photoshops a screenshot? Go sit and a corner and re-evaluate why you just burst red blood cells trying to be a comedian.
    02-02-09 09:58 AM
    Doesn't the phone delete messages and such when it starts to get below a certain amount of free app memory? That's what I've been told and understood. You have quite a bit of messages and who knows what apps are running other than those shown. Not sure if that helps. You probably already knew that.
    Correct, when app mem falls below a certain threshold the OS will delete items it deems unnecessary. I’m not sure what the order is but SMS messages are pretty high up the list of things to go. If you have keep messages forever set (like you do) then you need to keep app mem higher. That should solve your problem. My SMS messages start to go if the phone drops below 20 although that hasn’t happened since I started paying attention to it.

Edit: just looked at your home screen, didn't realize you had all those Facbook notifications. Set it to notify less (or clean them often) and you should be good. I found that notifications from face book were really eating mem so I turned them off.
    Last edited by podawk; 02-02-09 at 10:38 AM.
    02-02-09 10:34 AM
    Got the same memory stats as you only 25.2mb of app memory and i've had the phone set on "Keep Messages Forever" since i bought the phone, and i'm having the same problem with SMS messages. I started noticing when i'd look for older messages when searching the "Activity Log" for a certain contact and it seems like they're autodeleting.

I texted my buddy in midnovember telling him i bought the phone, and now I the oldest activity i've got with him is 1/8/09.
    02-02-09 10:36 AM
    Edit: just looked at your home screen, didn't realize you had all those Facbook notifications. Set it to notify less (or clean them often) and you should be good. I found that notifications from face book were really eating mem so I turned them off.
    How do you set that?
    02-02-09 02:10 PM
    And it is STILL doing this. Any help?
    02-17-09 05:44 PM
    try this...

options -> security options -> general settings -> set content compression to disabled.

i've heard it deletes older or unused data over time, so that may be what you're experiencing. (i've had it off since the beginning so i don't know for sure)
    02-17-09 09:09 PM
    The phone has 128 MB of memory. This is shared in holding all of your stuff. The OS takes up about 70-80MB, leaving your average user with about 50 MB left. Other things like messages, sms, address book, etc all take up room sa well. If you go to DM with your phone plugged in and go to Backup / Restore > Advanced you can check out how big those are.

Sounds like you have alot of stuff on your phone (like me) if you only have 17MB free. The phone clears out stuff in order to increase that to keep it running smoothly. Event log, messages, etc will all start deleting regardless of if you have your phone set to hold messages forever.

Increase available memory by removing unused themes (big one! they can take up to 1.5MB on a phone, and if you're not using them, they're memory hogs), unused applications (also can be big, but depends on the apps you use), remove unused OS components (ie unused language supports, those can be large files as well). This should help you alot in this department.
    02-17-09 09:16 PM
    ye yo u got the OG pic of the one on ur wallpaper? hook a bro up
    02-18-09 12:40 AM
    Its STILL doing it
    03-03-09 11:40 AM
    how much memory did you end up cleaning up?
    03-03-09 11:43 AM
    is there a setting to delete my catche and cookies DAILY?
    03-03-09 12:17 PM
    ok heres two things that will help keep app mem up go to home screen pull up keyboard and type /"/"/ just like that then delete the logs and go to options in that screen and set it to hide all types. then go download logmaid and every hour it clears the logs helps free up alot of memory.

i would also go to options then security options and go into memory cleaning, change it from disabled to enable and set it so an icon shows on home screen and to clean when holstered and idled. this will free up some small random cache items that you dont need that take up room in the background and will help keep you running higher app memory.

hope this helps
    03-03-09 12:52 PM
    This helped, but I still feel as if some stuff is being deleted. Maybe I have too many apps on here.
    03-24-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD