Please Help!

My text/sms application just vanished. I can't find out how to re-install or simply make it visible on my Storm. Any help is much appreciated. I tried getting updated via the Desktop BB manager, no help there.

THANKS!>
    09-28-09 09:17 PM
    are you sure you didn't hide it?
    09-28-09 09:20 PM
    Maybe you set your email and sms inboxes to combined? try opening your email inbox, click menu, select options, general options, scroll down to sms and email inboxes and make sure that its set to separate.
    09-28-09 09:23 PM
    Make sure it is not hidden by hitting the BBbutton and selecting show all. Make sure you check all your folders too
    09-28-09 10:00 PM
    or perhaps the message expiry was not set to 'forever'.. just my 2 cents.
    09-29-09 03:02 AM
    I have the same problem -my sms/text message inbox has vanished.

First thing i did was to check if it was hidden, but nothing on my phone is hidden (for more info on hidden icons search google for 'crackberry unhide icon'). Although a hidden icon is not the issue i am struggling with.

The problem started a few days ago when I was busy with a text message, my phone slipped out of my hand and I may have pressed a button whilst trying to catch it. My sms inbox icon disappeared and i have been unable to find it since. I can still see emails, still send and receive emails but no text messages. I dont know what i did but i cant see any text messages (not previous messages, not drafts, not received messages).

In the Messages section where i see my emails i can select Compose SMS from the menu and click Send, and I think it will send the sms, but sms messages arent shown in any lists. I know in Messages, in Options you can set whether you see sms's combined or separate (and i think this shows sms's and emails together in the Messages screen), but still no sms's can be seen anywhere on my phone.

I tried my service provider's tech support and all they could suggest is that the icon had been hidden. I proved to them that it had not. They sent me a test sms and saw on their system that it got delivered but no notification on my side and still no sms inbox on my phone. I put my sim card in another phone and received a text message so my sms service is working, must be my BB handset that is not showing it

PLEASE send info if you know how to fix it

thanks!
    10-06-09 05:14 AM
    it's not the cleanest solution, but this works:

I managed to fix the problem by erasing my application data. For instructions on how to do this you can search online for something like 'erase blackberry data' or 'reset blackberry application data', but if it helps below are the steps i took for my blackberry 8900 (OS v4.6.1.168) and Desktop Manager v5.0.0.11.

* Before you continue: you may loose some data, read the warning below.
    1. Connect your BB to your desktop computer and start blackberry Desktop Manager.
    2. Backup your phone using Desktop Manager's 'Backup and Restore' menu.
    3. Once the backup completed, go back to the main menu and click 'Synchronize' to copy your Contacts and Calendar from the phone to your PC into a mail client (such as outlook). This will ensure you have a soft backup (a copy of your contacts and appointments that does not form part of the actual blackberry Backup process, because the actual backup will not be restorable, see warning below). If possible also sync your bookmarks, etc so that as much info as possible will be preserved in the soft backup/mail client.
    4. Copy any files you wish to keep to your blackberry memory stick or to your desktop.
    5. In Desktop Manager click Application Loader, Add Remove Applications, Start button. Wait for the list of applications to load.
    6. Below the list of Applications click the Settings button and ensure that only the 'Delete All Application Data' checkbox is ticked (selected). Click OK.
    7. Click Next, then click Finish.
    8. Let the process complete. Now your phone will have no contacts left, no settings will be remembered.
    9. Disconnect the phone from your PC, and if it is not already started a setup wizard switch it off and on, go through the setup wizard's onscreen prompts entering your basic info, and once the phone is fully loaded up reconnect it to the PC and click 'Synchronise' - it will sync with your mail client. This will restore your contacts and appointments to your phone.
    10. Your apps/programs will have been left on the phone, but they wont remember your login details, etc, so you will have to open each app and re-enter your details.

Justification: the hard reset (or any kind of reset) did not work at all - I still could not see/send/receive any sms text messages on my phone so I tried something a bit more serious. Something must have got corrupted on my phone (i also noticed a java error everytime i rebooted my phone, another reason to believe something had been corrupted). I figured that I needed to remove my application data, and if that did not work i would have had to send it in for repairs or format the phone.

* Warning: please note you will loose all customisations on your phone, including contacts, calendar appointments, bookmarks, profile settings, wallpaper, etc. Software and files on your hard drive (and memory stick) should not be deleted i dont think, but all application data and settings will be. Yes if you made a backup all settings will be saved in your backup, but unfortunately restoring the backup will also restore the sms inbox problem, which is why the backup is kinda pointless if you want to resolve the problem. I was able to restore my contacts and calendar appointments using the Synchronization option in Desktop Manager which uses a mail client (outlook) to sync with.
    10-07-09 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD