I wish someone would really develop a 5.0 software without the threaded sms or smileys. Im perfectly fine with the threaded SMS, but i hate the smileys. Id rather see a '' : ) (without the space)'' than a '' ''.. Blackberry is a business phone and this makes it feel very childish. Does anyone know how to disable it?
    12-09-09 05:35 PM
    I understand what your saying, but I think using either one is unprofessional. I would never put a smilely face of ANY kind in text or BBM to my boss or potential client. Smiley faces in general are childish.
    12-09-09 05:43 PM
    I agree. I completly hate threaded sms. Its the stupidest thing RIM could of done. Its very hard to text in a small box, and if you wanted to read a long text, you have to hide the keyboard. I hope that they will have an option to change it back, or if someone could make a Hybrid OS that has the old style sms.
    12-09-09 05:51 PM
    I agree. I completly hate threaded sms. Its the stupidest thing RIM could of done. Its very hard to text in a small box, and if you wanted to read a long text, you have to hide the keyboard. I hope that they will have an option to change it back, or if someone could make a Hybrid OS that has the old style sms.
    I do agree that the setup of the new SMS could be better. But they have made it pretty easy to read and respond to text. When you get a long text to read (which isn't that long, 160 characters). Swipe the keyboard away with your finger, and then click on the text box to respond (the keyboard pops back up). If your reply is more than one line repeat the process of swiping away and then clicking. It all seems very easy to me, I love the new threaded texting. Just need to get used to using it, and you too will realize it's better.
    12-09-09 07:29 PM
    It just seems stupid to me. I mean i can live with threaded SMS. But smileys are just stupid. It may not be professional but having actual thumbnails of smileys is ********. It makes it so childish. They need to upgrade the next OS to have an option to disable threaded text and smileys. I wish the storm and 5.0 OS was more customize friendly
    12-09-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD