I am still rather new with the BB storm and I am trying to set up a signature and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it, anyone know how to set one up?
    06-06-09 01:33 PM
    I don't believe you can make a sig for your sms per se, but there is a way to make an auto text or something that goes along with any text you send. I'm not sure how to do it though. Might want to try searching the boards for sms signature or something.
    06-06-09 01:52 PM
    I am still rather new with the BB storm and I am trying to set up a signature and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it, anyone know how to set one up?
    Go to Options>AutoText>hit bb button>New> Under Replace, type zz> Under With (type what youy want your signature to say)> save it.

When you text someone and type the letters zz and space, auto text will automatically correct it and replace the letters with your signature. This also works when your sending out emails.
    06-06-09 01:59 PM
    Automatic signature only w/email. For sms: options folder > autotext > menu > new > in replace field, type shorthand, e.g. xx > in with field, type desired signature. Within sms, type shorthand, e.g. xx, + press space.
    06-06-09 02:05 PM
    @ least we agree!
    06-06-09 02:09 PM
    ez way to use autotext signature is to use "sig" lol (thats wat i use)
    06-06-09 02:34 PM
    @DriftDevil: u changed ur "sig" with field in autotext? It's automatically set 2 text in Options>Owner, no?
    06-06-09 02:47 PM
    @DriftDevil: u changed ur "sig" with field in autotext? It's automatically set 2 text in Options>Owner, no?
    u mean (this is what i have set)

options > autotext > find: sig (if not available, add one) (use smartcase) > Replace: sig > With: %O (bbmenu > insert macro > Owner Name (%O))
    06-06-09 03:18 PM
    Yup. Why do u use in messages...it's supposed 2 be contact info if phone is lost (appears when device locked).
    06-06-09 03:33 PM
    Yup. Why do u use in messages...it's supposed 2 be contact info if phone is lost (appears when device locked).
    huh? that's different, thats in:

options > owner

not:

options > autotext
    06-06-09 03:49 PM
    Type sig + press space. Same text as in Options>Owner. In autotext %O = owner info.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 06-06-09 at 04:08 PM.
    06-06-09 04:06 PM
    Type sig + press space. Same text as in Options>Owner. In autotext O% = owner info.
    whoops, its not %O, its %o (lowercase) that's owner's name (uppercase O is email stuff)
    06-06-09 04:09 PM
    I never used them. Not even in middleschool when they were popular.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 05:07 PM
    But doesn't a signature count towards the text count? I'm not sure I fully understand the functionality of the signature.
    Haha, but thanks for the info, I tried typing sig on my phone and it popped my info up. Cool tip!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 08:38 PM
    Yeh it counts...meant 2 mention!
    06-06-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD