Hi
    I need a way to stop my voice mail notifier from going into my SMS folder. It is annoying. I would much rather ALLL of my sms items just go directly into my messages folder.
    Can anyone show me a setting or suggest an app that can do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT. � this post should probably be moved to the apps section. I don't know.
    Last edited by dieseldennis; 07-08-09 at 03:19 PM.
    07-08-09 03:14 PM
    Phone > press BB/menu key > Options > Call Logging > None.

(It should be something along these lines. I don't have a Storm anymore )
    07-08-09 03:24 PM
    try this

open phone up

options>call logging>Select none

do you have visual Voice mail installed?
    07-08-09 03:30 PM
    no visual voice mail.

I will reply as soon as i test it.

thanks

dennis

EDIT ** call logging is off already. always was off. any other ideas on how to remove voicmal notifier from my sms folder?

what about just removing the sms folder all together and using the message folder for all of my sms's ? That would be a good option too.
    Last edited by dieseldennis; 07-08-09 at 04:16 PM.
    07-08-09 04:10 PM
    I think if you have VVM it wont send the txt but if you do not have it installed you get the message. Not totally sure, i think i read it in another thread concerning this issue though
    07-08-09 04:15 PM
    I think if you have VVM it wont send the txt but if you do not have it installed you get the message. Not totally sure, i think i read it in another thread concerning this issue though
    i do not have VVM .

is vvm good? they want a crazy monthly charge for it so im holding off until i know for sure.

Dennis
    07-08-09 04:21 PM
    If u want all sms 2 appear only in messages folder:

Messages > menu > options > general options > sms & email inboxes > combined (sms icon will be hidden).
    07-08-09 04:23 PM
    Hi
    I need a way to stop my voice mail notifier from going into my SMS folder. It is annoying. I would much rather ALLL of my sms items just go directly into my messages folder.
    Can anyone show me a setting or suggest an app that can do this?

EDIT. • this post should probably be moved to the apps section. I don't know.
    Open Messages folder. Hit BB button. Scroll down to Options>General Options. Scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes>Combined. All SMS and Email and Call logs, Voice mail notifier, etc will go into your Messages folder.
    07-08-09 04:29 PM
    @shivaji: i beat u 2 it!
    07-08-09 04:35 PM
    Guys he doesn't want ANY voice mail notification in his messages folder from what I can tell. I want this too. I already know I have a VM from the symbol up top.

07-08-09 04:54 PM
    Call your voicemail and change notifications under administrative options.
    07-08-09 05:01 PM
    If u want all sms 2 appear only in messages folder:

Messages > menu > options > general options > sms & email inboxes > combined (sms icon will be hidden).

Yay! Perfect. Now my sms folder is disappeared and they all go to my msgs folder.
    Thanks

Now for a new question.......how do I stop all vm SMS's ? Another poster is correct , there is already an icon on the today screen.

Thanks all

07-08-09 11:52 PM
    I too wanted to get rid of the VM notification in my SMS folder so after searching the forums and not finding anything that worked, I called Verizon. I was on the phone with a very nice woman for nearly half and hour and she searched everything on her end and came to the conclusion that there is no way to disable the VM notification to the SMS folder. It really is an irritating feature.
    07-09-09 12:52 AM
    use a 3rd party voicemail and then you can have all ur VM emailed to you as attachments, kinda like free VVM
    07-09-09 02:54 AM
    Thanks for the help but I can't figure out any option under Administrative Options that changes notifications on VZW.

07-09-09 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD