Hey guys,

New to both this forum and to Blackberrys.

I just switched from the Omnia to the Storm and I only miss one thing. With the Omnia, it would store/process text messages much like an Instant Messenger would. ie, it would store all text messages from a certain person in one conversation and you could get text messages on the fly (That is, you would be in the middle of texting someone and they could send you a text which you would be able to read WHILE texting).

My question is this: Can you do that on the Storm? That would be so awesome! Someone give me some good news here!

Thanks,
    Chris
    04-28-09 01:48 PM
    threaded SMS is what you are referring to. that is one thing most people miss and unfortunately the way blackberries do SMS is not the same. Phones running windows like the treos and omnia get the threaded sms.
    04-28-09 01:51 PM
    04-28-09 01:52 PM
    Okay, I knew there had to be a name for it. From reading the other linked topic, I'm assuming there isn't an App out there to replace it. Is it even possible to accomplish this on a BB?
    04-28-09 01:57 PM
    doesn't seem to be at this time.
    04-28-09 01:57 PM
    if you take your finger and hold it on the "number" or "persons name" (without pushing in the screen button) it will do a search on that persons name or number and pull up all messages buy them..

truthfully I have found that a ton of people once they get used to how blackberry's they don't miss certain things.. for me I don't care about threaded messages anymore. I really like the way it currently is.

It takes a bit to change your pace of things but once you do its pretty easy to do exactly what you want on these things

Hope this helps!
    04-28-09 02:47 PM
    There are a few apps in development just do a quick search on threaded sms apps u should find some info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 02:57 PM
    bbm has some nice threaded convo interface

but for your non-bb friends that doesnt help

I use the hold-for-search deal in the meantime to bring up all txts to that contact
    04-28-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD