hi,

will someone please help me...i'm new to cb so i apologize if i'm asking this in the wrong place.

i have a storm 1 from verizon. i updated to the 5.0 os and am having trouble with the sms/mms box. i think the question is simple i just hope the answer is too. is it possible for my sms inbox to be put on the home screen or for it to be the one i see when i open my text messages?

like i said, i apologize if i'm using the wrong area...

thanx...
    11-23-09 07:34 PM
    You can move your sms inbox to the first four spaces on your screen and it will appear on your homescreen as well. I don't understand what you mean by the second part. Are you opening the messages folder and it has your SMS messages in it or when you go to the quick change menu and click on messages you want it to be SMS.
    11-23-09 08:01 PM
    Not sure what you are asking. The icon is on your homescreen unless you moved it into a different folder. There is one icon for messages and one for SMS & MMS. Messages of all sort are put in the messages forlder including calls you might have selected to be logged in this folder and emails. SMS & MMS is for your texts and MMS only. Hope this helps
    11-23-09 08:07 PM
    if you want your SMS in the icon that is labeled messages, go to:
    Messages-options-main message list settings-check SMS and mms.
    That will get all of your messages in one folder. To move any of your icons anywhere, just select the icon, press the menu button and select move. Drag it to the desired place, press the menu button again, and say complete move.

Hope I answered some or at least one of your questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:21 PM
    also, if you want the SMS and mms icon to be hidden, press the menu button and select hide. if you ever want it back, press the menu button and select show all. That should do the trick.

11-23-09 10:24 PM
    sorry for the confusion...

on the home screen the icon is titled "sms and mms"...when i go into it i see sms conversations - what i've sent out and the responses i've gotten. on the old os i would see just the texts i received.

i can go to the sms inbox via the folders list but each time i close and come back to my texts i'm back in the "conversations" view. i was hoping to only see my new texts each time i went in - without having to go to the folder and look it up.
    11-24-09 11:01 AM
    Seems like your referring to the new threaded SMS.

11-24-09 12:53 PM
    Thats the way SMS works now. No way to change it unless you downgrade to a previous OS that does not feature threated SMS
    11-24-09 12:53 PM
    Do you mean it has like "John" and all of the messages between you two listed? If so, that is a feature of the 5.0 OS and can't be changed unless you go back to 4.7.something. If that is not the issue, is there another way you can explain it?
    11-24-09 03:31 PM
    yeaa,,u cant change it
    11-24-09 03:52 PM
    let me give this a try...

when i press the "sms and mms" icon i can read messages sent to me AND messages i sent to people. the old way, I�d only see the messages that were sent to me. now i see the ones i sent out AND the ones i�ve received.

i guess i'll have to live with it then...

thanx alot everyone.
    11-24-09 04:21 PM
    Did you try this:

Open your Messages or SMS And MMS icon. Press the BlackBerry button and select Options. Open General Options. Look for Hide Read Filed Messages and Hide Sent Messages. Change those options as you like them.

??
    11-24-09 04:27 PM
    yeah, both are set at yes
    11-24-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD