I just upgraded to 5.0 this morning. and i like it all, except for the SMS and MMS stuff. is there any way to get it back to the old way? Where its not all in conversations, and it just shows the individual texts?
    10-29-09 10:31 AM
    Nope, that's how it is now. Threaded SMS seems to be love/hate for most people.
    10-29-09 10:35 AM
    and, before i updated i had a couple locked messages that i had sent, and those are all gone it only kept the ones i had recieved. it also deleted all locked MMS messages.? know anything on that?
    10-29-09 10:38 AM
    I didn't care for it at first but it has really grown on me give a chance.
    10-29-09 10:38 AM
    I didn't care for it at first but it has really grown on me give a chance.
    What he said.
    10-29-09 10:39 AM
    I really hate what they've done to sms..I'm considering returning my blackberry and getting a "normal" phone if there isn't a way to revert to the old software or fix this "conversation" BS
    10-29-09 11:01 AM
    yeah, i find it irritating.
    10-29-09 11:03 AM
    I really hate what they've done to sms..I'm considering returning my blackberry and getting a "normal" phone if there isn't a way to revert to the old software or fix this "conversation" BS
    You can always roll back your entire OS.
    10-29-09 11:09 AM
    I can? How do I do that?
    10-29-09 11:12 AM
    i would do that, but i like everything else about 5.0 just not the SMS stuff.
    10-29-09 11:14 AM
    I'm willing to give up the other things to not be annoyed by the new sms stuff...when sending a simple text gets me angry, it's time for a change
    10-29-09 11:15 AM
    Can you guys explain why you don't like it. You mean you like slipping through hundreds of text to find one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 11:25 AM
    just the fact that theyre all bunched together, and all that smiley icon stuff. plus it deleted like all of my saved SMS and MMS's.
    i do like that theyre divided up by people. i just wish they were more like folders and not conversations.
    10-29-09 11:28 AM
    What I hate most is the black screen(s) for entering who you're texting and the tiny bar that you type your message into...its just cramped and annoying. I especially hate the "word prompt" bar just above that, and I can't seem to find a way to turn that off.

Also, I like messages to be filed as properly into Sent, Received, etc...I don't like having them lumped together
    10-29-09 11:30 AM
    Just so you know...upgrading to 5.0 didn't delete your messages...you should backed up prior to that then restored after all was said and done with the upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 12:26 PM
    I LOVE the new threaded SMS, I could never go back to the old way! I just feel bad for my spouse still using a Pearl 8130 because it doesn't do this! (yet- we hope)
    10-29-09 12:38 PM
    What I hate most is the black screen(s) for entering who you're texting and the tiny bar that you type your message into...its just cramped and annoying. I especially hate the "word prompt" bar just above that, and I can't seem to find a way to turn that off.

Also, I like messages to be filed as properly into Sent, Received, etc...I don't like having them lumped together

To cut off the "word prompt" (i hated that too):
    Options>Language and Text Input> Change it from "Word Completion" to "Auto Correction" I also unchecked the predictive text box. I know what I'm trying to type

As far as I know, only on "regular" phones (not smart phones) do you find messages filed as Sent, Received, etc. I've only had 2 yrs experience with BBs though so maybe they used to?
    10-29-09 02:18 PM
    I noticed something strange after the 5.0 upgrade... Whenever one of my BBM contacts sends me a SMS Text, it appears both in the SMS message box, as well as a "new chat" in BBM.

Also, receiving SMS messages from those contacts causes a BBM notification. Both the sound and the icon. Not a big deal, just something strange I wondered if anyone else noticed...
    10-29-09 02:20 PM
    I meant to add, I too was NOT a fan of threaded SMS but it is slowly growing on me. I like the fact that I can just click their name/group of messages and start a new message (don't have to look for last one received and hit reply). And if I send a message and forget to add something (hehe do that a lot) I can just start typing again without having to go through reply process again.
    10-29-09 02:21 PM
    I noticed something strange after the 5.0 upgrade... Whenever one of my BBM contacts sends me a SMS Text, it appears both in the SMS message box, as well as a "new chat" in BBM.

Also, receiving SMS messages from those contacts causes a BBM notification. Both the sound and the icon. Not a big deal, just something strange I wondered if anyone else noticed...
    Hmm, not having that problem. That's weird!
    10-29-09 02:23 PM

This happens to me when my wife sends me a text. I recall reading that BBM 5 would allow you to SMS through the interface as well as pin. I guess it only does this for contacts that you have added to your BBM and they text you since I haven't seen this for any other people yet.
    10-29-09 02:34 PM
    This happens to me when my wife sends me a text. I recall reading that BBM 5 would allow you to SMS through the interface as well as pin. I guess it only does this for contacts that you have added to your BBM and they text you since I haven't seen this for any other people yet.
    That's interesting... It seems a little redundant to have duplicate conversations in both the SMS box as well as BBM. I suppose that there is no real reason for BBM contacts to SMS each other though, ha ha... Anyways, thanks for the feedback!
    10-31-09 10:01 AM
    I really hope I can get used to the SMS, So far I really hate it! I hate the small area for typing, and if you want to write a "list", say one word on one line and hit shift to write on the line below, it sends the text. Like one through ten,
    1. test
    2. test
    3. test. And so on. I liked being able to do that. Any suggestions?
    10-31-09 01:08 PM
    Saved messages (as long as they are restored) ARE STILL ON THE PHONE! They just aren't under the SMS/MMS tab anymore. You have to go to applications>saved messages and they should all be in there.
    10-31-09 01:10 PM
    I really hope I can get used to the SMS, So far I really hate it! I hate the small area for typing, and if you want to write a "list", say one word on one line and hit shift to write on the line below, it sends the text. Like one through ten,
    1. test
    2. test
    3. test. And so on. I liked being able to do that. Any suggestions?
    I know, I'm not a fan of the button now being used as a send button either. I find myself accidently hitting the button and it sends the message when I'm not done typing. But anyways back on topic. You can start a new line by hitting the uppercase key (aA is the symbol on the button) and then the shift button. Hope this helped.
    10-31-09 01:41 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD