Anyone else po'd that the slingbox software beta is now up and running for every current BlackBerry EXCEPT the Storm? It's truly infuriating. Anyone heard any reasons why?

You can see the full dealio at slingmedia dot com.
    01-06-09 11:01 AM
    Pissed? Ya... Gonna cry about it? No..
    Gonna email and ask for storm support?
    You bet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 11:06 AM
    The SDK for 4.7 OS just came out like a week ago.... patience!

Google SDK if you don't understand.
    01-06-09 11:19 AM
    I have Slingplayer on my Storm working fine. It's it compatibility mode, but it works.

01-06-09 11:23 AM
    Can it work with .75?
    01-06-09 11:26 AM
    Try again my friend. It is not working on CDMA devices (i.e. 8330). So to say that it is working on ALL devices, with the exception of the Storm, is kind of misleading.

You can not run the beta program on the 8330. It will not work.
    01-06-09 11:29 AM
    like it was said above, patience my friend, seems to be a lost virtue these days. The storm barely two months old. It will come.
    01-06-09 11:45 AM
    civic, care to share on how to get it set up?
    01-06-09 12:52 PM
    civic, care to share on how to get it set up?
    This really belongs in the 3rd party apps subforum.

If you search, you can find this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sl...r-30th-119862/

and

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sl...upport-125663/

and here's one from Slingcommunity written by a fellow CB'er BigVDawgy:
    SPM BETA on Blackberry Storm: Sling Community
    01-06-09 02:56 PM
    Well, what's driving me nuts is how long it's taken Sling to get anything rolling for the BlackBerry. They've been talking up a BB app since 2007 and had a demo in Feb 2008 or so. We're talking only software here, not new hardware (on their end).

And yes, my patience is wearing thin, not that I can do anything about it. Damn Bold users get their beta... *grumble grumble*
    01-06-09 02:59 PM
    Well, what's driving me nuts is how long it's taken Sling to get anything rolling for the BlackBerry. They've been talking up a BB app since 2007 and had a demo in Feb 2008 or so. We're talking only software here, not new hardware (on their end).

And yes, my patience is wearing thin, not that I can do anything about it. Damn Bold users get their beta... *grumble grumble*
    I agree, but on the glass-half-full side, just be glad it actually somewhat runs on the Storm, as opposed to the other Sprint/VZW CDMA BBs.
    01-06-09 03:03 PM
    According to some posts I've read on the internet, the Pearl version of Slingbox will work on the Storm with the 4.7.0.85 firmware update. Since I do not update my phone with leaked firmware, I will just have to wait patiently for an official firmware update before I try slinging on my Storm.
    01-07-09 08:31 AM
    I have Slingplayer on my Storm working fine. It's it compatibility mode, but it works.

Really? Just downloaded and gave it a shot? Any glitches?
    01-07-09 11:03 AM
    Seems with .7x it freezes...I upgraded to .8x and it ran fine. Being a 30 day trial, I wouldn't purchase it...Would rather wait out the Storm version.

At least some BlackBerry models are supported...IPhone users are still waiting, Suprising since I would have thought Sling would have done everything in their power to rush one out the Apple.
    01-07-09 12:49 PM
    if you check this thread:
    SPM BETA on Blackberry Storm: Sling Community

Sling is waiting for some OS updates from RIM, then they plan to support the storm
    Not really, but I know one of the reasons we don't officially support the Storm yet is there are firmware issues that prevent SPM from streaming in some cases - I guess this could be one of those. There are variances in the streaming depending on the Slingbox and how it is encoding and I suppose it is possible that something about the PRO-HD is tripping the issue. The good news is RIM should have the issues fixed in upcoming firmware and we'll continue development.

-MegaZone, Sling Media Beta Manager
    01-07-09 01:06 PM
    I agree with Civic on this quoted from her directly "I have Slingplayer on my Storm working fine. It's it compatibility mode, but it works." +1
    01-07-09 08:13 PM
    What are you talking about......Slingmedia mobile has been on iphone for over 3 months now.The only thing is ....you can't get trial .You only can buy it on apps store.

Seems with .7x it freezes...I upgraded to .8x and it ran fine. Being a 30 day trial, I wouldn't purchase it...Would rather wait out the Storm version.

At least some BlackBerry models are supported...IPhone users are still waiting, Suprising since I would have thought Sling would have done everything in their power to rush one out the Apple.
    Last edited by joe parkers; 01-31-10 at 11:16 PM. Reason: mistyping
    01-31-10 11:15 PM
    What are you talking about......Slingmedia mobile has been on iphone for over 3 months now.The only thing is ....you can't get trial .You only can buy it on apps store.
    Wow!!! Joe, if you check the date of the last posting prior to yours you'll see its from well over a year ago...This was from 1/09 not 1/10...LOL.
    Last edited by mistamista2000; 02-01-10 at 09:10 AM.
    02-01-10 09:05 AM
    I don't know what it is with all the ratards resurrecting threads lately like it's yesterday's news.
    02-01-10 09:55 AM
    Civic,
    Check my long-winded instructional comment on this thread: xxxx://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tour-slingplayer-265261-new/

I have the Bold version playing just fine on my Tour. I'm using BB OS Release v5.0.0.484 that was actually intended for Sprint customers, but I think you can load this on the Storm as well. Here is the Bold version that I use:
    xxxx://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_bold_EN_US.jad

I am getting a Storm2 to try out the touch screen (never had one before), but I was hoping one of you guys could give some step-by-step instructions on how to get the SlingPlayer Mobile working properly in landscape mode on the Storm or Storm2.

Thanks in advance.
    06-18-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD