Does the "D" that shows up next to the check mark mean that the message made it to the phone...or does that show up when the message was READ?

Thanks!
    07-22-09 09:18 AM
    D is for delivered, R is for read.
    07-22-09 09:20 AM
    Is that the same for text messages and email? I have never seen the D change to an R on those.
    07-22-09 09:23 AM
    Well said stanrc ,,

Can someone points out all the symbols and such for Blackberry?
    07-22-09 09:24 AM
    Is that the same for text messages and email? I have never seen the D change to an R on those.
    I've noticed that I don't always get the D and R for all people. I'm not sure if it depends on the phone the other person is using. It depends on if they have read receipts enabled and if their phone supports it.
    07-22-09 09:25 AM
    I have never seen the R at all on texts and emails, but i have noticed that when I send either one, I will see the check mark show up, then a minute or two, the D will show up. I figured that the check mark was for it getting to the phone, and the D (delivered) was when it was read.
    I am just not sure if that guess is correct.
    I have noticed that a check mark will show up, and no D will show up at all later, but I figured out that was because the number I sent it to was not on the VZW network.
    07-22-09 09:38 AM
    I've only seen the R on BB messenger. First a D, for delivered then an R, for Read.

Never had D or R on emails. Only check mark.

On text messages, first a check mark then a D but only if the person is on VZW. I don't think D necessarily means read, just Delivered. I've sent my husband a text before and he'll be working where he has no service and all I'll get is a checkmark and then when he is back in service area the D comes up. And I've sent messages when I know he can't read them yet and it will say D right away.
    07-22-09 10:12 AM
    OK..That is kinda what I thought...

Thank you, Carla77...

and thank you also, stanrc.

07-22-09 10:19 AM
    No "D's" when sending txt to someone on AT&T's network from Verizon... I can attest to that much.
    07-22-09 10:53 AM
    When texting a VZW number D doesn't mean "read" it means "delivered". I've tested it side by side with a VZW recipient a while back haha. Just had to be certain

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD