I have searched for this but no answer. Does anyone know when I delete an email from blackberry, I have the option to delete from mailbox and handheld. Well, when I do that my email is not deleted from my mailbox on my laptop and I have to delete it again. So when I delete several junk email from my storm, I have to do it again on my laptop. I don't get it. Are there any setting that I'm missing?
    12-14-09 10:16 AM
    No, you are not missing anything. The delete from Mailbox only works on e-mail accounts like yahoo. E-mails like Comcast e-mail will not get deleted from the server using Delet from Mailbox.
    12-14-09 10:19 AM
    No, you are not missing anything. The delete from Mailbox only works on e-mail accounts like yahoo. E-mails like Comcast e-mail will not get deleted from the server using Delet from Mailbox.
    That depends. If the email is already downloaded onto an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, then no..pressing delete from mailbox won't work. But if the message is still waiting to be downloaded (or if you're working off of the Comcast Web-based mail), then it will work.

So to the OP, what email are you using?
    12-14-09 10:23 AM
    If I read my Comcast e-mail during the day today on my phone I will need to go to my computer or onto the Comcast web e-mail tonight and delete it again.
    12-14-09 10:45 AM
    I dunno then valorian. If I have all of my email clients turned off and use the delete from mailbox option, it deletes it and will not appear even on my Comcast webmail. The only time that doesn't work is if it gets downloaded to Thunderbird before I get it deleted on the BB.
    12-14-09 10:51 AM
    I'm using Thunderbird. So, from what you guys are saying....the answer is no. Thanks for your reply's.
    12-14-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD