Before I get hung up by my toes, yes I did numberous searches and couldn't find my answer.

The quick: had Storm, dust, "like new" Storm recieved, what do I do with the SIM cards. The "like new" replacement had a SIM card in it, and I have one from my current dusty phone (and please don't turn this into a thread about dust... I see there are more then enough already). Literature from VW said to keep my SIM, SD card, etc., but do I take that SIM and shove it into the "like new" phone. Thanks for your help in advance.
    01-15-09 10:39 PM
    Yes keep yours, and use it. but out of curiosity check the other and see if it works. It was most likely sent by error. Try both and make a call to another phone with each. Keep the card that shows up as your number under caller ID.

Any chance the one in the replacement was a dummy?
    01-15-09 10:41 PM
    I doubt it... VS logo that matches the other one, gold thing on the back side with a bunch of numbers... looks like the real deal to me. Too bad I only have one battery, or I would call eachother
    01-15-09 10:48 PM
    Although that would be sick if I had an extra card, with a number that worked... just change it out and someone else gets the bill. Does my PIN change or is that on the SIM?
    01-15-09 10:52 PM
    The PIN is device specific did the other SIM work?
    01-15-09 11:32 PM
    Did you ever call Verizon to activate the old SIM or the new one you received? If not, neither of the SIMs are working.
    01-16-09 12:04 AM
    I talked to Verizon yesterday, when I was calling customer service to get my third storm (my replacement didn't click or register a click in the upper left corner and the entire bottom of the screen) and they said the only thing the SIM does is allow you to call Globally... has nothing to do with making a phone call in the states. He did say that either would have worked with my phone.
    01-17-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD