I think I unlocked my Storm last night with an unlock code. I just tried to download the newest official OS on the VZW Blackberry site and it said a fatal error occurred. Is this due to the fact that my phone is unlocked? What can I do to re enable security on my storm? Also, any advice on the problem downloading the newest OS from the official site?
    05-12-09 09:31 PM
    What OS are you running now? The only official VZW has released is .75. If you want to upgrade, I would recommend getting the OS from Crackberry. If you really need .75 still then you can probably find it here. Maybe someone else has some info on why the site is giving you a fatal error though.

Also, is there any reason to unlock the phone when you are on Verizon? I would take the battery out and remove the SIM card and after a few minutes reinsert and see if the message goes away.
    Last edited by deadlikeoscar; 05-12-09 at 09:43 PM.
    05-12-09 09:40 PM
    I am running .75. So I so not need the upgrade on the site. Any ideas about the message I am getting at the top of my blackberry?
    05-12-09 09:43 PM
    I edited my post. From what I've read, you can get that message after leaving a CDMA area and the phone tries to connect to GSM instead. If a reboot fixes it and you don't want it to happen again, switch your phone option from Global to 1XEV only.
    05-12-09 09:47 PM
    Is .132 your favorite OS? Where is the best link for me to go to to download it?
    05-12-09 09:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-212788/

.132 will be like night and day for you. I'm about ready to try out lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid but so far .132 has been my favorite. I would upgrade to .132 and if you get the "upgrade fever" that seems to spread around here you will be in a good spot to try lyricidal's hybrid or any other leaks that come along. It is easy to do, just read all the instructions and DO NOT unplug your phone while upgrading. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, I wouldn't rush into it but man is the phone faster than .75! You may have to reboot the phone a few times to get the full speed increase but I guarantee you will wonder how you have gotten along with .75.
    05-12-09 09:56 PM
    Thanks alot for your help and btw the reboot solved my problem.
    05-12-09 10:02 PM
    No problem. If you decide to upgrade via that link I gave you, all you have to do is download the .exe in the first post. Then run the .exe and plug in your phone and follow the instructions. It is kind of scary the first time when your phone is booting for the first time after the install and it literally stays on a white screen for 10 minutes but it is just doing its thing.
    05-12-09 10:08 PM
    thanks for the info it fixed my problem
    05-23-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD