This morning, a message appeared on the top of the phone "SIM Card Rejected."

This wasn't there yesterday, and I did nothing with the SIM card...so what does this mean and what do I do to correct it?
    11-27-08 12:45 PM
    I had this message yesterday, when I was in a place that had no reception. The phone was in "sos" mode (it said sos in red where the signal meter is) and said Sim Rejected. When I walked outside to where I could get reception, it went away.
    11-27-08 12:48 PM
    I have had it 2x and it doesnt go away unless u take out the battery and restart. Sucks. sent 1/2 hr on phone with tech support only to be told to bring phone in
    11-27-08 12:54 PM
    I have had it 2x and it doesnt go away unless u take out the battery and restart. Sucks. sent 1/2 hr on phone with tech support only to be told to bring phone in
    I've had the same problem 2x already too. The first time was yesterday, and now again today! I had to shut it down and power it back up. I am also experiencing trouble with the audio quality on the 3.5 jack (as mentioned on another thread), and extremely poor battery life. I think the phone is going back.
    11-27-08 01:01 PM
    Had this happen last night and immediately pulled the batt...wonder if vzw had a cell tower glitch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 01:32 PM
    I had the same message this morning. I had signal and was 1XEV. Called tech support, transferred me to global support. We pulled the battery, pulled the SIM card. Reseated both, and after restart no more message. We will see what happens.

Jason
    11-27-08 01:35 PM
    I had the same message this morning. I had signal and was 1XEV. Called tech support, transferred me to global support. We pulled the battery, pulled the SIM card. Reseated both, and after restart no more message. We will see what happens.

Jason
    What will happen is the message will come back tomorrow or the next day
    11-27-08 01:50 PM
    Yep. I already got it again today. This sucks.

Jason
    11-27-08 02:03 PM
    Yep. I already got it again today. This sucks.

Jason
    I dont even bother restarting the phone anymore.

Some units obviously have problems and you SHOULD JUST GET A NEW HANDSET before the 2 week period or settle for a Refurb down the line. I learned that the hard way with my last phone.
    11-27-08 02:10 PM
    A quick power off/on gets rid of it for me.
    11-27-08 02:24 PM
    I had that message this morning, too! Turned it off (no battery pull) and restarted it.... all was well again. Weird.
    11-27-08 02:26 PM
    There was a thread on this earlier today, to get rid of the message: Go into Options -> Mobile Network and then select 1XEV on the Network Technology menu, then do a battery pull. I was also told to remove the sim card and put it back in before replacing the battery, but since I couldn't get the sim card out, I didn't do that step, but it still fixed the error. If that doesn't resolve the issue you would need to call global services at (800) 998-2094 from another phone and they will ask for the sim card id located at Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM CARD.

The issue as it was explained to me is that if the storm loses CDMA coverage even temporarily and finds a GSM signal, it will try to connect since it is a world phone. The problem is the sim is locked by Verizon and out of the box will not allow roaming on other GSM networks in the US. Changing the Network Technology setting stops the storm from attempting to connect to GSM networks. The phone SHOULD recognize this condition and not give a sim card error, but this appears to be yet another OS bug that I was told would be fixed in a future OTA update. I got this info from global services last night.
    11-27-08 02:39 PM
    There was a thread on this earlier today, to get rid of the message: Go into Options -> Mobile Network and then select 1XEV on the Network Technology menu, then do a battery pull. I was also told to remove the sim card and put it back in before replacing the battery, but since I couldn't get the sim card out, I didn't do that step, but it still fixed the error. If that doesn't resolve the issue you would need to call global services at (800) 998-2094 from another phone and they will ask for the sim card id located at Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM CARD.

The issue as it was explained to me is that if the storm loses CDMA coverage even temporarily and finds a GSM signal, it will try to connect since it is a world phone. The problem is the sim is locked by Verizon and will not allow roaming on other networks in the US. Changing the Network Technology setting stops the storm from attempting to connect to GSM networks. The phone SHOULD recognize this condition and not give a sim card error, but this appears to be yet another OS bug that I was told would be fixed in a future OTA update. I got this info from global services last night.
    OK, that's just about exactly what they (Global support) had me do. Now, my SIM is unlocked, and I still get that SIM card rejected error.

Guess I will call customer service to get a new handset shipped out to me.

Jason
    11-27-08 02:41 PM
    I actually have the same error right now.... wierd happen notice as I was checking the forum
    11-27-08 02:46 PM
    I actually have the same error right now.... wierd happen notice as I was checking the forum
    Are you guys in an area where you lose your EV signal? I was in St. Louis and lost EV for about 5 minutes and that's when it happened to me. Since AT&T has excellent coverage there, I guess my sim picked up a tower pretty quickly, it's never happened to me at home.
    11-27-08 02:49 PM
    OK, called support again 800-922-0204, I talked to a rep by the name of Joe. He was pretty helpful with the situation. Yes as stated above you get that error when you lose CDMA (1X/1XEV) coverage. Then when the set tries to switch to the SIM card, Verizon (and any other global provider) sees that the SIM is not authorized. This is due to the SIM card not beeing on the account correctly. It is a free charge, that attaches that SIM card to your account. You go into the Options>Advanced options>SIM card> then they will ask you to read the numbers after the zeros in the line of information displayed.

Hope this helps the rest of you guys.

Jason
    11-27-08 03:10 PM
    I had this message today. A simple power off/on and it went away. Will do the above call to CS prevent it in the future?
    11-30-08 07:12 PM
    and extremely poor battery life. I think the phone is going back.
    That is what happens when you have 3G and a touchscreen. I get 1-2 days out of my iPhone with moderate use. 1 day with heavy use and if I go all out maybe 4-6 hours. Same with the Bold. 1 day on average with heavy use.
    11-30-08 07:24 PM
    I had my phone for one day and this message popped up today. I called tech support and they told me mine was popping because my phone was set on global instead of 1xev. Seems like everyone has a different answer I'm going to see how this last.
    12-02-08 09:33 PM
    Just turning it it off with the RED HANGUP KEY held down and turning it back on the same way fixed it for me. No need to pull the battery.
    12-03-08 10:58 PM
    So if my phone picked up this mesage should I get a new one or do the fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 12:11 PM
    There is a setting under the phone to keep it in CDMA mode that way it doesn't try to hit the sim card and go into SOS mode. OR you can power off and power back on (hold down end key) and it should come back up w/o problems. Only happened to me once so far when I lost service. I've noticed, however, with the software upgrade to .75 even if it says "sim card rejected" or "sos" when I get service back 1XEV comes back full no problem. it did not do this with .65
    12-15-08 12:34 PM
    Verizon actually called me and left a voicemail about the issue (couldn't answer at the time) and also sent me a text. The message reads: "**The SIM Card that came pre-installed in your device needs to be replaced. Please call Global Support at 800-711-8300 to validate your correct shipping address." So maybe they've started addressing the problem?
    12-15-08 01:03 PM
    I started having the sim card rejected thing, too.... Tech support (Wesley) was very helpful. Including telling me that if the problem recurs, trot off to Verizon and have them check the sim card, since it could be a corrupted data bit.

Interesting how many of different solutions there seem to be for this.
    12-24-08 05:57 PM
    I also got the message this evening. The phone and Web browser still worked fine. I did power off/on and the message went away.
    12-24-08 06:40 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD