I believe when I lose my signal (in a certain building at school) I get "Sim card Rejected" across the top of my screen. THis has happened a few times, and I am trying to chart it now. The signal comes back and I make calls, but the words are still there. And, I don't know if I can receive calls, I'll have to test that today too.

If I do a battery pull it clears.

What's the dealio? Anybody else have this?
    12-02-08 09:36 AM
    I'm not sure but I know I have read post titles that said something about "Sim Rejected" maybe you can do a search forum and see if there are any answers so you will get a faster response. good luck
    12-02-08 09:41 AM
    If it bugs u that much u could take out the sim card. Its useless anyway unless u travel overseas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 09:50 AM
    This happened to me too, while I was in a buddies basement and didnt have service. As soon as I went outside where there was service, the message went away and everything was fine.
    12-02-08 09:56 AM
    Call Verizon CS and have them activate your sim card. (There's no charge.)
    12-02-08 09:59 AM
    This happens to me as well, as I work in a high-rise and don't always have a signal in the office. It doesn't seem to effect anything
    12-02-08 10:14 AM
    Oh, it is so nice in blackberry land having all this help. Thanks for all the info!
    12-02-08 10:22 AM
    I noticed the same thing. That is a major issue to me. Actually the Storm radio reception is not as good as the Curve. I pray that they fix that issue in the next batch of updates.
    12-02-08 10:23 AM
    go into options, mobile network, and change from Global to 1XEV. -- essentially, when set to global, when you loose CDMA coverage, it tries to use GSM...
    12-02-08 10:41 AM
    go into options, mobile network, and change from Global to 1XEV. -- essentially, when set to global, when you loose CDMA coverage, it tries to use GSM...
    +1 - Had the same issue - followed the same instruction that toastyz71 posted on another link and it cleared that message and haven't received it since. Crazy in my office I barely get a signal anywhere.
    12-02-08 10:54 AM
    you can make it not try to use GSM when out of signal area
    12-02-08 10:57 AM
    Is there a way to activate your sim card online? I would just like to get it activated, instead of doing a round about way to solve it. This is because I know I will leave the country and be confused about why my world phone is not working. haha
    12-07-08 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD