Alright,

First of all, in Canada the providers who carry the Storm do not require a SIM card for use of the phone. Figured I would get that out of the way before someone asks me about it.

The issue is that this message appears up on the screen and I do not know why. It is VERY random. But I believe to have narrowed it down to not having any reception and browsing for a network that may be on GSM, and since we do have a network here in Canada that does do GSM that network may be rejecting the SIM card.

I was just wondering if anyone else have experienced issues like this at all?
    12-29-08 01:11 PM
    go to options > mobile network > and change global setting to 1XEV

Should take care of it.
    12-29-08 01:18 PM
    I was just wondering if anyone else have experienced issues like this at all?
    If you had done a search, you would have seen that YES others have had this happen... In fact I answered another one of these threads this morning. The previous poster answered the question. You may just have to do a battery pull after making the changes so the current message goes away.
    12-29-08 02:24 PM
    Submerge it in a bowl of hot water, then the sim card rejected message will be the least of your worries.

Please use the search function. There are over 20 threads on this subject alone.
    12-29-08 02:44 PM
    Pull your battery, when it reboots and asks you if you would like the phone automatically switch between GSM and CDMA - choose NO.
    12-29-08 02:51 PM
    If you put a non-Verizon (Vodafone) SIM into a locked Storm, you will get this message regardless. (At least this is what happened to me.) Once I removed the SIM card, the error went away. (And yes, I do have the mobile network setting (network technology) on 1XEV.)
    Last edited by bkr6891; 12-29-08 at 02:57 PM. Reason: correction
    12-29-08 02:56 PM
    If you had done a search, you would have seen that YES others have had this happen... In fact I answered another one of these threads this morning. The previous poster answered the question. You may just have to do a battery pull after making the changes so the current message goes away.
    Yes, and if you had done a simple search, you would have found the thread in which many posters pretty uniformly think that posters who tell other folks to do searches when they just ask a question need to get over themselves and stop acting like jerks. My guess is that when you saw the topic of this thread, you knew exactly what was going to be asked. If it bothers you, don't click next time.
    12-29-08 03:55 PM
    LOL - here we go!
    12-29-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD