Had a weird episode last night. Phone suddenly said SIM card rejected on top line where provider (Verizon) icons show on home screen. Where signal bars are, it showed SOS.

When I checked Network under Options icon, it showed TMOBILE!!!!

I did a battery pull & it reset correctly.

Anyone else experience this?????
    12-06-08 04:14 PM
    C'mon, already! I put "Sim rejected", into the search box, and there are 15 threads on this already. Sorry, if I'm being a little harsh, but this is getting a little out of hand. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. It will cut down on a lot of pollution.
    12-06-08 04:40 PM
    I had mine come up as rejected once too, probably just a glitch. I did the same thing you did, battery pull, and it fixed it. I may be a bit jaded being a longtime Windows user, and VERY used to glitches.
    12-06-08 04:47 PM
    My sim card was an older one and had to be replaced. Luckily I had a new one and was able to get it registered with tmobile and replaced on my curve. My phone works now!
    04-05-09 10:27 PM
    He appears to be on Verizon unless avatar isn't set right.
    Anyway if you are on Verizon and you rather would not want to see the random issues of SIM rejected goto Options -> Mobile Network, then set your Network Technology to just 1XEV, and not Global or GSM.
    This will remove SIM Rejected for good... and yes, searching would have given the same answer I gave lol.

If your not on Verizon though, it is different.
    04-05-09 10:33 PM
    i had this problem 2 nights ago. yes i had it on 1xEV. I remember when i got my FIRST storm when it came out, I'd adj the screen click with the T6 screws. I can't remember if I had them too far IN our OUT, but i'd get "sim card rejected" until I adj the screws either way and reset the phone.
    fast forward to yesterday aftn/lastnight, kept getting the message at work, kept re setting the phone , etc. eventually it would come up. well i remembered my first storm, and i DID adj the screws OUT on my new one i got last week. I tightened the screws all the way in like it came with, and viola...been 24 hrs and no problems, it doesn't say "no valid sim card" in the SIM advanced options like it had been for a few days.
    04-05-09 10:43 PM
    i had this problem 2 nights ago. yes i had it on 1xEV. I remember when i got my FIRST storm when it came out, I'd adj the screen click with the T6 screws. I can't remember if I had them too far IN our OUT, but i'd get "sim card rejected" until I adj the screws either way and reset the phone.
    fast forward to yesterday aftn/lastnight, kept getting the message at work, kept re setting the phone , etc. eventually it would come up. well i remembered my first storm, and i DID adj the screws OUT on my new one i got last week. I tightened the screws all the way in like it came with, and viola...been 24 hrs and no problems, it doesn't say "no valid sim card" in the SIM advanced options like it had been for a few days.
    Nice.
    04-05-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD