I am leaving for a trip to Canada on Sunday. I have already unlocked the SIM card slot on my Storm, and have purchased and activated a Rogers prepaid SIM card.

When I place the Rogers SIM card in my phone and switch to GSM the network switches to say Cellular One - ROGERS and then it has a triangle on it, which I assume to mean that it is roaming on the old Cellular One network around here. However, when I hit the send button, or dial ##000000 it still lists my old phone number, not the Canadian one that I'm supposed to have when using that SIM card. Do I need to change my mdn number in the programming menu or can I just switch to GSM when I hit Canada and everything will work fine?

Second SIM question. I'm on Alltel currently. Once ATT takes over here, will I be able to just go purchase an ATT sim card with a BB data plan on it and be able ot use my Storm on ATT?
    07-24-09 04:36 PM
    Can't answer the second question for you, but for the first question: I've been using an Orange pre-paid SIM here in France for the past 2 months and it does still show my Verizon # in the call screen but I know for a fact the SIM # is the one being used. Hope that helps.
    07-25-09 11:21 AM
    That does help. Thank you!
    07-25-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD