I�ve cracked my storm, but when I switch my sim cards from Verizon to Telcel in Mexico and it works. The problem is that I can call out, but people can�t call in and when I do call out a different number show up on there phone. I still get e-mails on the phone with the Telcel sim card, which is only mins and not internet. Would Verizon be hi-jacking the Telcel number and if I use the Telcel sim card I�m I still going to get a big bill from Verizon at the end of the month when I�m using the Telcel card. New at this and thought that when I put the Telcel card in it would just run off that sim card, but not sure what is going on and worried about what the bill will be at the end of the month. Like the one for 800.00 $ last month on Verizon sim card.
    12-28-09 09:57 AM
    By cracked, do you mean unlocked?
    12-28-09 10:02 AM
    yes unlocked, I use unlockdeals.com and it seems to work. but not sure what is going on.
    12-28-09 10:05 AM
    They can't call in/get a different number because the phone number on the Telcel SIM is a number from Mexico, not your US Verizon number. Verizon's information is stored in the phone, and in the US does not use SIM cards. If the phone is unlocked it should use just the Telcel information, but if you are worried and can get somewhere to check online, look at Verizon's website for usage.
    12-28-09 10:16 AM
    You SHOULD be ok, but if you want to make sure/force the Storm to use the SIM, then set it for GSM/UMTS only. Go to Options, then Mobile Network, then change the Network Technology section to GSM/UMTS.
    12-28-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks to everyone for your help it seems to be working now, and shows up on the screen as Telcel. THANKS
    12-28-09 11:06 AM
    Thanks Pkcable the GSM/UMTS seem to work
    12-28-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD