Can we get this moved to the BOLD threads?

Thanks ahead of time Mod's
    09-29-08 09:47 PM
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep. I think we've all noticed a new OS being released every other day(seems like it, anyway) in a short amount of time
    You do realize that someone creates a new thread about the BOLD being released every d*mn day?
    and everyone knows 100% which day it is gettin released...
    You do realize that someone creates a new thread about the BOLD being released every d*mn day?
    Oh, indeed. I was bemoaning that very fact just a moment ago. It kills me every time I see it.
    09-29-08 09:50 PM
    PG posted earlier that the original TA date was Oct. 20th. Which means the Bold is NOT delayed as of yet.
    09-29-08 09:55 PM
    Oh, I see. Well, I think we have agreed on this point before, but some people on here are just crazy. They have nothing better to do than complain about delays, and the poor quality of ATT's 3g. I vote that everyone chillax a little.
    09-29-08 10:01 PM
    Oh, I see. Well, I think we have agreed on this point before, but some people on here are just crazy. They have nothing better to do than complain about delays, and the poor quality of ATT's 3g. I vote that everyone chillax a little.
    I second the motion that everyone chillax a little.

All in favor?
    09-29-08 10:54 PM

Ok, you are one of the misinformed as well. 1) show me any documentation that says AT&T was held back from selling any Blackberry for a certain period of time with regard to the Iphone 3G launch. And if you're using BGR for your information source, well I'm sorry. Needless to say he's wrong as much or more than he's right. AT&T knew all along these two devices would be around at the same time, as RIM wanted to Bold to compete with the Iphone 3G. 2) AT&T sees the Storm in the pipe? LOL. AT&T sells more Blackberry's than ANY other carrier in the world. As much as I love this 9500 I'm using, the 9530 will NOT change this.
    Bottom line is the Bold was rushed to market.

Edit: Not to mention 50% of future Bold customers don't even know it's supposed "push-backs". Only bloggers and those on forums do.

Sorry ... I'm a little late to the party (should be in the Bold Section ??)
    Anyway, we are glossing over some major things here.
    Just because we don't have a press release from AT&T saying the Bold has been delayed doesn�t mean we cant put two & two together. AT&T announced this phone in MAY ... if at that time their internal target date was November or worse yet, they had no date, there�s no way they make that announcement so soon(7 months ??). Also that AT&T bold page you talk about originally said summer 2008...which they later changed to "later this year." (that alone all but confirms an internal delay).
    You also spoke about the phones readiness for the market, and while there were complaints by the first users way back in Aug... by early September a very stable build was out and I would say that most were happy with their phone. (And again, you spoke to how we were insulated in this world of blogs and forums and don�t represent the majority of consumers, you're right, but remember that same rule applies when you talk about people complaining.) I would venture to say that most people are very pleased with the phone and there def was not a major outcry. In comparing the stability of the Bold, its no worse off than the initial release of the Curve (full of bugs!!) but that made it through AT&T QA just fine.

Furthermore I think you are vastly underestimating the number of people aware of this phones announcement (and subsequently of AT&T's failure to deliver 6months later.)
    This was major news when RIM announced it. There was widespread media coverage from a variety of major outlets including CNBC and CNN as well as multiple articles about it in the NY times(I know, local). Not to mention that anyone who watches the Stock market is well aware of the situation with the bold (it being a major product launch and all) and it's easy to see how its affected the market.

Everything has not been rumor and hearsay ... RIM's CEO said early October at CTIA and while its not a hard date I'm pretty sure he wouldn�t give a timeframe that was totally unsubstantiated.
    I will say this, AT&T has played the game the right way as they haven't said anything committal but anyone even casually monitoring the situation can see what's taking place. It would be Naive to think that ATT hasn�t delayed this phone and that everything is going according to schedule.

Cheers to anyone who actually read that whole thing. LOL
    09-30-08 01:16 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD