Anyone else feel pressured by RIM to buy the newest Blackberry. Seems like recently there popping them out left and right. Maybe I only want my Storm!
    07-10-09 06:04 PM
    Nope no pressure. RESIST THE TEMPTATION!!!!
    07-10-09 06:41 PM
    Anyone else feel pressured by RIM to buy the newest Blackberry. Seems like recently there popping them out left and right. Maybe I only want my Storm!
    I am not sure as to why you are feeling any pressure. It is RIMs job to market the crap out of these new phones but no one is forcing you to make a change. Like Dingster1 said before me "Just Resist"
    Last edited by stormcenter; 07-10-09 at 07:45 PM.
    07-10-09 07:39 PM
    I am not sure as to why you are feeling any pressure. It's their job to market the crap out of these new phones but no one is forcing you to make a change. Like Dingster1 said before me "Just Resist"
    exactly and they are not all for one vendor either, VZW just has the Tour and Storm being new really...
    07-10-09 07:44 PM
    And they all have the same crappy OS so who cares...the Tour is a BB Bold for Verizon. Nothing new; old technology really.
    07-10-09 08:22 PM
    And they all have the same crappy OS so who cares...the Tour is a BB Bold for Verizon. Nothing new; old technology really.
    I feel pretty much the same. Instead of concentrating on new devices with veritably the same OS, maybe RIM ought to concentrate more on OS development. As well as hire Civic for finding bugs and inconsistencies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 08:35 PM
    I feel pretty much the same. Instead of concentrating on new devices with veritably the same OS, maybe RIM ought to concentrate more on OS development. As well as hire Civic for finding bugs and inconsistencies.
    If RIM did that, I dare say that they would never release another OS to a partner again.
    07-10-09 08:38 PM
    I think that for me its the number that Rim gives out for the phone. I started off in the 7000s went to a 8100, 8300,8330, 9000,9530 and now with (dont get me wrong) 9630 I want the highist number. I dont know, im just weird.
    07-10-09 08:44 PM
    I think that for me its the number that Rim gives out for the phone. I started off in the 7000s went to a 8100, 8300,8330, 9000,9530 and now with (dont get me wrong) 9630 I want the highist number. I dont know, im just weird.
    You probably shouldn't play golf, then (though, I don't know why anyone wants to anyway).
    07-10-09 08:46 PM
    You probably shouldn't play golf, then (though, I don't know why anyone wants to anyway).
    It would be nice if my bank account went like that. lol But hey I like golf
    07-10-09 08:58 PM
    If RIM did that, I dare say that they would never release another OS to a partner again.
    Maybe true, maybe not. With people like Civic on board they would put out a better OS for us all. Not to mention that RIM may make the move to reach beyond the capabilities of the current OS. Which they will need to do in any case. RIM touts security over other reputable OS creators, but they are quickly loosing ground. Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm, but RIM has to venture forward and not continue on the same path. New technology provides new methods, they need to explore some more. Offering new devices with pretty much the same OS isn't going to cut it in the next couple/few years. Just my meager humble opinion.

This is where I applaud Apple and the iPhone, they have set the market place. Not only thru good marketing, but also thru offering innovation and great competition. Its really up to the competitors to step up. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for anything Apple oriented, but you have to admit that in a few years they have certainly set the par, especially for consumer oriented devices.

(This coming from someone that loves his Storm and his MS Zune and has not owned a iCrap anything for a couple/few years). So take my opinion with a grain of salt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Craterz; 07-10-09 at 09:21 PM.
    07-10-09 09:18 PM
    This is where I applaud Apple and the iPhone, they have set the market place. Not only thru good marketing, but also thru offering innovation and great competition. Its really up to the competitors to step up. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for anything Apple oriented, but you have to admit that in a few years they have certainly set the par, especially for consumer oriented devices.
    Not to take this thread too off track, but I completely concur that Apple makes some sleek, sexy devices. I just disagree with a lot of their business practices. RIM is hopefully taking notes. Particularly as they provide more phones like the Storm and Storm 2 that are geared toward the consumer. The current user interface of the OS is outdated, stale, and quite frankly boring. It won't survive long in a consumer market. Themes help change it up a bit, but they can only do so much.
    07-10-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD