I am at the end of my contract with Big Red. I am a fan of the iPod Touch and have enjoyed it for a year now. I have decided not to switch to AT&T and go with the Storm with V. I played with one for 2 hours in the store and hated the typing interface compared to my iPod. I understand that the iinstore Storm was on OS .75 and there are many leaked versions to use. I am wondering if I should wait for the Storm 2 or not. I have heard September but that really means December.

Help a Blackberry virgin not f'up.
    04-30-09 11:34 PM
    Hello and welcome to crackberry! Have you previously owned a blackberry or a smartphone? I mean if you plan on sticking with Verizon for now why not go ahead a get the storm. It's a great phone I think. Yes it needs some work but I mean the iPhone didn't come out swinging either lol At least this way you have 30 days to take it back right? And you will always have someone here at crackberry to help you!
    04-30-09 11:56 PM
    When you buy the Storm 2 whenever, there will be news about Storm 3 and will make you wait even more. Go buy the beast now!
    05-01-09 12:04 AM
    I am just wondering if I should wait for the 2. How off are the estimates on Bbry devices? Will september be December or even later?
    05-01-09 12:04 AM
    When it comes to any electronics and especially mobile devices, you will always be waiting for the next new device. The storm 2 release date is very much speculation at this point. Look at the 9630 (Tour?) that was supposed to come out in May and now its supposed to be July. Maybe that's the device for you. Remember you always have the 30 day return period.
    05-01-09 12:18 AM
    One would have to wait for an iPhone to have features like cut and paste, tethering too...

I'm happy enough with my Storm but I'm a sys and net admin that works with other platforms to know none of them are perfect.

I like the screen, I can type plenty fine (fast with SureType) and Podtrapper takes care of my podcast addiction.

I could not live with not being on the Verizon network and admit that is an influence.
    05-01-09 06:41 AM
    Once you get use to actually "clicking" typing is not bad. Like everyone says you have 30 days. I never had a touch screen phone before the Storm, I had the Curve, it took a few days and a couple os upgrades and now I can type pretty fast. Get the Storm I love mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 06:46 AM
    I took your advise and got it today. I will upgrade the OS tonite. I am getting used to the typing. I had an Ipod and the letter appeared above your finger before you type it to be sure it is the correct one. I will miss that.
    05-01-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD