So I have a little dilemma...(I know only my second thread and I'm already starting to sound like a whiny b...)

I'm supposed to go to Verizon tomorrow at noon for my appointment to pick up a Storm. I made my appointment last Monday. When I made my appointment the guy told me they should be getting around 90 Storms tomorrow. But I called them on Saturday to see if they had any left over from launch, which of course they didn't, but he also said that he thinks the next shipment won't be until Friday (day after Thanks).

So here I am, the store has been closed for about an hour. He was supposed to call to confirm the appointment. So if he still doesn't call tomorrow morning and I go up there and they don't have any Storms do you guys think I should be able to get some kind of discount for wasting my time/gas? Or what do you guys think I should ask for? Free case maybe?

Thanks!
    11-24-08 07:53 PM
    Basically just be nice but firm about asking for a discount or something given to you for free like a nice case? Car charger and maybe a bluetooth headset. Nobody likes a guy throwing a fit and they will probably comply with your demands being polite more then they would with some a-hole.

Good luck either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:58 PM
    Thanks!

I do plan on being nice, even if they don't offer me anything...maybe.

My brother just came back from the store and they said they are only getting 10 in tomorrow. And they made it seem like if you want to get one tomorrow it's going to be based on if you were there on Friday (launch day) or not???? Even though I placed my appointment/order on the Monday before that. So I'm getting a little mad about all this so I may just go up there tomorrow morning and try to get one.

Also bump.
    11-24-08 08:14 PM
    i dont know how to tell you this .... but you wont be getting a storm until about december 15th ....
    11-24-08 08:16 PM
    I wouldn't necessarily ask for a discount... I would definitely convey your dissatisfaction to them however. I've actually found that I get more out of complaining, in writing. If you have word 2007 there is actually a complaint template. I've filled these out and mailed them to my cable company, and my previous home phone service. Both responded, by phone and mail. I received 50% off my phone bill and like 10 free on demand movies from the cable company. Not saying verizon will do this, but I've had positive experiences with them when I tell them, sincerely, that I have a problem with what is going on. For the most part, it really does seem their customer service wants to help -- though some thing are beyond their control.
    11-24-08 08:18 PM
    yeah do.. but if they are all sold before you get there, you cant really do anything about it. make sure you get there early and i cant see them NOT giving you a phone if you had set it up on the earlier monday. makes no sense
    11-24-08 08:18 PM
    I received 50 extra minutes due to the long wait for my Storm this past Friday. I asked a customer service rep for a month of free service. She did not have the authority to grant the free month but added the 50 free minutes
    11-24-08 08:22 PM
    So looks like I'm going to head up there tomorrow when they open and try to get it then, they can't penalize me for getting there before my appointment. If they kept their word then they should have one for me anyways, if not then hopefully they will have some that aren't spoken for yet...

Here's hoping...
    11-24-08 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD