Don't flame me if I am wrong, however I noticed that if you press and hold the back button
    While in an any app, it closes out and takes you right to the home scteen. Then when I hold the
    Bb button down, the app is not open. Not the greatest trick ever, but easier then closing out
    Through the menu

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:19 PM
    I did know that, but thanks for sharing. Sometimes I've noticed it doesn't work though... not sure why.
    But seriously, how sad is it that someone who is trying to help out is afraid of getting yelled at. This is how sad, pathetic, and mean some people have gotten on this forum that they scare someone who is attempting to help.
    12-12-08 12:23 PM
    that other poster was right - ppl have gotten a lot crankier since the storm release. pretty sad.
    12-12-08 12:25 PM
    Thanks.... I did not know that.

12-12-08 12:26 PM
    I did read this in another post, but still great info. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will help out a lot of people.
    12-12-08 12:27 PM
    Thank you.
    great tip!!
    12-12-08 12:33 PM
    awesome. i didn't know that either and was wondering hoe to quickly shut it down too!
    12-12-08 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't know this.
    12-12-08 01:20 PM
    For me, it works for Opera Mini but not Viigo. Still a great tip!!!!
    12-12-08 01:25 PM
    I did not know this information. I am very new. So thank you very much for posting!
    12-12-08 01:26 PM
    I know it's an extra step, but I always hit menu then close, that way I am sure it is shut down. I do this because the short cut doesn't always work, like one other poster already said.
    12-12-08 01:38 PM
    This is new to me. Thanks OP for the tip!!
    12-12-08 02:05 PM
    Thanks for sharing!

Ahhh, it's a wonderful world.

Group hug!
    12-12-08 03:11 PM
    Doesn't work for me when trying to close google maps. Dang!

12-24-08 01:10 PM
    Oooo good tip, thanks!
    12-24-08 01:12 PM
    This is not a shortcut for closing out applications. When you press the return button and leave, the application is still open, thus using memory. The correct way to properly close out applications is Menu>Close.
    12-24-08 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the tip. But it doesn't work for all the applications

12-24-08 01:20 PM
    I had not heard this before now.. Thanks for the tip! I wish we had an active application menu we could pull up and hit an end all.. Or individually close each program rather than going back into the app and hitting close or using this method.. That is the phone feature I prefer on a winmo phone.
    12-24-08 01:31 PM
    For me, it works for Opera Mini but not Viigo. Still a great tip!!!!
    There is an option setting in viigo to either close or go to the background. Check out your viigo settings.
    12-24-08 01:47 PM
    This is not a shortcut for closing out applications. When you press the return button and leave, the application is still open, thus using memory. The correct way to properly close out applications is Menu>Close.
    CX, got an upgrade i see. congrats on becoming a mod! cheers!
    12-24-08 02:58 PM
    I read about this shortcut yesterday and have tried it out on the apps on my phone. In a nutshell:
    -The back button shortcut works for almost all apps that come preinstalled on the phone
    -The only exceptions are the applications that cannot be closed (Messages, Browser, Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, and Application Center)

I've found it works for
    -Calendar
    -Contacts
    -Tasks
    -Facebook
    -Youtube
    -BB Maps
    -MemoPad
    -Calculator
    -Word To Go
    -Sheet To Go
    -Slideshow To Go
    -Still Camera
    -Video Camera
    -Voice Notes Recorder
    -Voice Dialing
    -Clock
    -Flickr
    -Media*
    *I was finding it particularly onerous to have to exit back through all the screens in the media player (for example, Music > Playlists > Now Playing), which each offer their own Menu > Close option that takes you back to the previous window. But in any one of those, holding the back button closes the whole program! Yay!

The shortcut does not work for current versions of
    -Viigo
    -Google Maps
    -Gmail
    12-24-08 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD