So.... I decided on my way home from work last night to stop at a brand new Verizon store and see if there is a Storm I can just play with to see what the hype is about. I have a Curve currently and love it. I'm not am impulse buyer, but I do like to compare the "latest and greatest," if you will.

I pull up to the store and there's only 1 other customer in sight and he's walking out the door. So I ask the rep where the Storm is so I can play with it. At this point, considering the lack of a crowd, I assume they are completely out of these glorious devices. I sarcastically remark that, "I'm sure you don't even have any of these in stock right now..." Of course, to my surprise, he quietly tells me that they've got three left. Wow. I'm shocked. Okay well I'll play with it for a bit and see.

Conclusion: It's neat, but it's not for me. I like the new features, such as the HTML browser, but no WiFi, I don't like the "clickable screen" and hate touchscreen QWERTY keyboards for sure. I was actually disappointed, I was expecting a newer OS completely redesigned and catered for "The World's First Touchscreen Blackberry." I found myself stumbling to navigate with the phone. I'm always in a hurry so this isn't going to work. Not to mention, Verizon's plans are alot more expensive per month even WITH my corporate discount and I end up with less minutes/texts. Would I have better network coverage, absolutely, but I'm cheap.

Anyways, I think I'll let the Storm pass... (pun intended)

While I was there, a lady frantically came in asking for one of the three... apparently she had called prior and was relieved that they weren't sold out. In short, the used car salesmen have "only two left and they open at 11am sharp today."

Not bashing this device at all, so please don't label me as "another one of those threads," just expressing my shock that this store actually had them in stock.

I seriously contemplated showing up at 11am today to get one of the remaining few and take it home for the 30 day trial... but alas.... I'll stick with my Curve.

Happy trails.

Oh... and I do accept bribes to find the whereabouts of this store
    11-23-08 09:45 AM
    I still don't see the whole big deal about having no WiFi. But that's just me. Glad to see you were able to find a store that still had them in stock though.
    11-23-08 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD