I have several apps and haven't really had a big issue with memory loss. The only biggest change I can remember is downloading the new version of Facebook, I don't know if something else had happened but since then, I have been having crazy memory loss. It starts at around 25 MB which is the norm for me but by the end of the day it runs at about 4 MB! I've never seen it that low before.

Any simple tips or suggestions in pinpointing the exact culprit of my memory loss problem?
    06-18-09 01:01 PM
    Do you run any other messengers? I have no actual "concrete" evidence on this, but when I had my curve, yahoo messenger was actually a big memory hog for me. Just got my Storm, and I'm technically fine for memory but im lower than I normally have been; and I have AIM.

My general theory is that those other messenger apps take a lot of memory. Again, just a theory, but maybe it'd help. Idk.
    06-18-09 01:20 PM
    I've read a number of threads that have "after downloading the new version of Facebook" in them. Why don't you delete it and see how your mem does for a day or 2. Dropping down to 4 meg every day is unacceptable.

GRey
    06-18-09 01:33 PM
    Do you run any other messengers? I have no actual "concrete" evidence on this, but when I had my curve, yahoo messenger was actually a big memory hog for me. Just got my Storm, and I'm technically fine for memory but im lower than I normally have been; and I have AIM.

My general theory is that those other messenger apps take a lot of memory. Again, just a theory, but maybe it'd help. Idk.
    I posted just a day or two ago about this as well. I downloaded the new Beta of Instango (all in one chat program), then deleted AIM, Yahoo and Windows Live. After that, my memory has been VERY much improved.
    06-18-09 02:05 PM
    Nah I don't use IM apps, just BBM.

As for deleting Facebook...I can try that...but I really enjoy that version. If others have Facebook and have no memory leak issues, there's something I'm doing wrong.

Memory loss FTL.
    06-18-09 02:28 PM
    What OS are you running? What apps do you currently have? How many themes? Have you used BBFileScout to get rid of all the sample media? Also have you used Shrink-A-OS or CrackMem to get rid of the unneeded/unused preloaded programs i.e. VZNav, VAD, etc?

This will free up a good amount of much needed memory. Make sure you are closing out of apps completely, turn of GPS until you need it, and if you have a lot of themes you may want to think about getting rid of a few, as they usually tend to be memory hogs.
    06-18-09 02:37 PM
    Nah I don't use IM apps, just BBM.

As for deleting Facebook...I can try that...but I really enjoy that version. If others have Facebook and have no memory leak issues, there's something I'm doing wrong.

Memory loss FTL.
    I'm not suggesting that you permanently get rid of it. Just remove it for a day to see if that's your problem. Then at least you would know. You can't really fix anything until you know exactly what's wrong.

Grey
    06-18-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD