I am having trouble setting up my blackberry storm. I bought the storm from a friend. I unlocked it using a code i purchased online. I did a security wipe and used the crackberry utility to add service books for the mms and the browser.

Issues

I cannot setup email. I have tried using my.tmobile.com (which is the tmobile bis site) and it is not working. I get the error message " We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service. Please click here to try again."

The original browser (not tzones) will not connect to the internet. Also (maybe related) the facebook app will not connect. I can't get connected at all and i receive the error "could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support." I have a data plan, therefore this doesn't make sense.

Also, I have not seen my phone reach 3g or EDGE (all caps) I've had full signal and all i see is edge (lowercase). This is very disturbing knowing that i am probably missing out on faster service.

I have searched and searched the internet and i can't come up with any help. I would like to become a valuable part of this forum. Please help me anyway you can. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED!
    Last edited by ethioatl; 04-07-10 at 09:00 PM. Reason: More info
    04-07-10 08:56 PM
    any help at all?
    04-07-10 09:13 PM
    what OS do you have? You can find this by going to options --> about and the third line after v (so like 4.7.something or 5.0.something)

Also, the fastest service you will get is EDGE, the Storm will not get 3G on T-Mobile.
    04-07-10 10:20 PM
    I have version 5.0.0.328.
    04-07-10 11:38 PM
    I think you'll have to upgrade to 5.0.0.419 (a leaked OS) because T-Mobile users had problems with connection with 5.0.0.328
    04-08-10 07:59 AM
    I think you'll have to upgrade to 5.0.0.419 (a leaked OS) because T-Mobile users had problems with connection with 5.0.0.328
    How do i do that? Do i update through DM?
    04-08-10 09:08 AM
    It won't come up on DM on its own, but you can use DM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132 is the Storm OS subforum, with all OSes included.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/os...here-dl-422506 Is a way to download the OS.

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com is a step by step how to upgrade if you've never done it before.
    04-08-10 09:29 AM
    I have upgraded to .419. I still have the same issue. I cannot configure email or use the original blackberry browser or the facebook app. I think all this relates to BIS but i can't configure it or even access the BIS setup. Also, im still only receiving edge not EDGE.
    04-08-10 12:23 PM
    Did you reload the service books again after updating?
    04-08-10 12:42 PM
    Did you reload the service books again after updating?
    yes through the crackutility hack.
    04-08-10 01:06 PM
    Lots of info on this if you search. BUT. Having been in your situation before, here is what you need to do.

Go to options, advanced options, tcp. Uncheck everything.
    Now go to manage connections, mobile network options, select automatic, and gsm and 2g.

You may have to toggle your network connection once or twice, but eventually you will get EDGE and a proper browser.
    04-08-10 02:03 PM
    Do you have Blackberry service with t-mobile if you do not you need. Next use step by step guide here forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-106023/. on this i did not change my APN it is emgsm.vzw3g.com, i have cap EDGE on internet browser but on t-mobile WAP it go to lower case edge it's just a little slow but works fine. and if you want to update to .419. Remove BB desktop manager from computer then get .419 OS then use this guide forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-upgrade-downgrade-your-operating-system-208714/ if you do this everything should work god luck.
    04-08-10 02:04 PM
    another thought - what do you have selected as your phone on the T-mobile website? Since the Storm isn't a Tmo phone, you need to select the Curve 8900 as your phone. Then you should be able to access the BIS features on the Tmo site and set up your emails.
    04-09-10 01:43 AM
    I had the same issue as stated in post #1 for almost three days. I finally did the following: Options>Advanced Options>Browser> There I changed it to Default Browser: Internet Browser, Defaullt MDS browser configuration:Internet Browser. And everything is working perfectly. I have my .328 version. I also resent my service books from the Tmobile website.
    04-09-10 07:27 AM
    i did the exact same thing you did. i had the same problem. i changed the apn to epc.tmobile.com, loaded the updated os, called t mobile to tell them that i wa using the 9530 on my sim, they patched me to their bb support, then the referred me to rim support. They finally got the push email working.
    04-09-10 10:37 AM
    Thank you all for your input but i tried each method and failed. I contacted tmobile and I apparently had more than one problem. I couldn't setup blackberry internet service because my bis wasn't activated. Once it was activated, I had to resest my blackberry. Also, the tmobile service books provided by the crackutility hack were VERY outdated. I had to delete them all and receive new ones. Once i received new service books, all features were up and running. I have even started using EDGE. Thanks again and someone should make a new guide for getting MMS and BROWSER with the new service books.
    04-13-10 05:19 PM
    I kind of had the same issue, although i never got an error message on TMobile's website. I upgraded my OS and it worked, and now it's working great. I really like the phone although I am thinking about going to the 8900-- The touch screen is fun, but kills me texting sometimes. try upgrading your blackberry's OS and hopefully it will all work out for you. All I did was put my SIM in, and SMS and the phone worked, but the Browers wouldn't load. It switched from edge to gprs a few times and then after I updated I've been getting EDGE and GPRS to allow data flow.
    04-14-10 07:06 AM
    Thank you all for your input but i tried each method and failed. I contacted tmobile and I apparently had more than one problem. I couldn't setup blackberry internet service because my bis wasn't activated. Once it was activated, I had to resest my blackberry. Also, the tmobile service books provided by the crackutility hack were VERY outdated. I had to delete them all and receive new ones. Once i received new service books, all features were up and running. I have even started using EDGE. Thanks again and someone should make a new guide for getting MMS and BROWSER with the new service books.
    lol and I guess I should read all the fourm posts. Glad you got it working. Have you gotten VZ Naviagtor to work? I've read some people can, but I'm personally getting a error code: 2004.
    04-14-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD