Where I live we have tornadoes from now until July real bad and want to set up another @vzw.blackberry.net email address just for severe weather alerts instantly. I have them going to one now but want to set up one just for that so I can keep it loud when I sleep and will not get bothered by other emails throughout the night...I thought one could set up like 10 @blackberry email addresses but when I log into BIS I don't see where I can make another one...I see where I can put in one from yahoo or others but I want it to be instant without pushing....If that is not possible is there a email service that pushes instantly to blackberry? Gmail??
    03-05-09 03:52 PM
    Any service does.... Just register it in the email settings. I have a gmail and it works perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 03:59 PM
    Any service does.... Just register it in the email settings. I have a gmail and it works perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I know any service does but most are not pushed immediately with BIS.... Like my Cable internet address does not push immediately, it takes about 15 minutes to do it...
    03-05-09 04:02 PM
    Can I just go and set up a new email address like I am a new user and put in my pin number? Can the same pin be on 2 different BIS user accounts?
    03-05-09 04:03 PM
    go to your BIS page, BlackBerry Internet Service , and login, you can then set up another email and link it to lets say, a gmail account. I know i just did it and it pushes instantly.
    03-05-09 04:07 PM
    I believe what the OP wants is another vzw.blackberry.net address not gmail,yahoo,aol or whatever else. But I think they only give you one of these. Correct me if I am wrong
    03-05-09 04:10 PM
    ^^ correct, only one device address...the vzw.blackberry.net is the email address associated with your handset...so you only get one of those...you can however setup 10 email addresses to be sent to your handset...

this works very well - setup a gmail account, then in settings in gmail, forward all incoming mail to your blackberry handset email address. On your BIS website, go into Edit for your blackberry account and in the "send email as" put in your gmail address...do NOT add a new email account...and you are now set. The Gmail will work as a POP (do not use IMAP as it is moody and works some times as instant push while at others as polling) and EVERY email to that account will instantly get pushed to your BB. You will also be able to send from your native BB email address and outsiders will see it as coming from your gmail account.

HTH?
    03-05-09 04:15 PM
    I have a yahoo account and have noticed that the phone notifies me of new messages before my computer. Guess this means that yahoo is pushed.
    03-05-09 04:46 PM
    but how are you going to make only this 2nd blackberry email loud? there is no way to customize it... is there?
    i'm just wondering... i tried setting up the volume for different things... but i can't personalize the other settings...
    03-05-09 07:26 PM
    but how are you going to make only this 2nd blackberry email loud? there is no way to customize it... is there?
    i'm just wondering... i tried setting up the volume for different things... but i can't personalize the other settings...
    Each email address gets its own alert settings if you go to set ringtones/alerts.
    03-05-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD