I would like to have my phone change sound profiles based on my location. Is there a solution for this? Free would be great, but willing to pay.

Thanks!
    01-20-10 08:46 AM
    What location, as in Roaming and not roaming?
    01-20-10 10:46 AM
    What location, as in Roaming and not roaming?
    I would like to say at this gps location set my sound profile to vibrate and when at this location change my sound profile to loud and so on.

Basically, I can never remember to change my profile to vibrate when at the office and my loud ringtone goes off or when at a client site I forget to set to silent.
    01-20-10 10:50 AM
    sounds neat but seems like a lot of work when you can just remember to set the phone to vibrate.

I wonder how big in area a specific gps coordinate is, so if this type of thing were developed you would have to have in multiple gps coords just so you can walk around work without the phone going off.

I think You can always set so that it is silent in holster.
    01-20-10 11:15 AM
    RingScheduler works with your calendar to change the sound profile. I have been using it for several weeks now and it works very well, changing the profile with no user intervention. I have it set to vibrate during meetings, then back to phone calls only when nothing is scheduled. It does cost, but well worth it.
    01-20-10 01:01 PM
    Look into Toysoft's Profiler Pro. It has a GPS based profile changer as well as time and calendar based.

Joe
    01-20-10 01:04 PM
    When I had my Nokia there was a software company called "Handy" and they allowed profile changes based on location. What they did was use cell tower triangulation.

You would create a rule, go to the location and walk/drive around and it will pick up the cell towers and save it. It worked awesome for when I had to visit hopsitals and stuff.
    01-20-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD