Ok so i dont need t get bashed but i have a question about service. I am playing in a hockey tounament and where we are playing service is BAD i am on 1EXV. Can i get better service if i change to GSM/UMTS or Global?
    05-17-09 08:37 PM
    If you change it to GSM/UMTS or Global your phone won't work. GSM/UMTS is for using the device on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile. Global is for roaming around in different countries.
    05-17-09 08:39 PM
    1XEV is the best service you can get on Verizon. Unless you have few bars it should be fine. The others are not going to help you here. Good luck!
    05-17-09 10:06 PM
    You're just in a bad signal spot...

There is one spot, only one in my travels that will guarantee me a dropped call...
    05-17-09 10:07 PM
    My house is a bad signal spot. FML.
    05-17-09 10:11 PM
    ... as a side note: I was just in the Caribbean and used GSM. In fact there was both CDMA and GSM that partnered with Verizon there. So If I chose "Global" it would pick the stronger signal and switch to it (CDMA or GSM). However, only the GSM offered the data service, so I set it to GSM and left it for my trip, even if it had less signal strength.
    05-17-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD