Do generic service books exist for BB storm for Centennial Wireless? I have tried with At&t along with T- Mobile generic books with no luck....
    05-11-09 09:14 PM
    Hmm...what we need is from someone to pull their service books from an existing centennial wireless blackberry. If you knew anyone/if you owned a cw blackberry before, there are instructions in the forums for how to copy service books off the device and put them on your computer for use.
    05-11-09 09:31 PM
    I have CW service books for the BB Pearl can what I need for the storm be created from those service books?
    05-11-09 09:43 PM
    Yes they can...you would need to delete the
    entries that have to do with your email accounts. Then, you can migrate the service book using the blackberry desktop software.
    You need desktop manager 4.7 or higher.
    I'm Going to post more detailed directions in a couple minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 06:21 AM
    Okay, I'm sorry about the wait. Here we go:
    First go onto your Pearl and delete the service books that have to do with your email: CICAL and CMIME. Be careful you only delete those.
    Next, make sure you have blackberry desktop manager software version 4.7 or higher.
    Go to Backup and Restore>Advanced.
    Now, plug in your Pearl. You should see the DM software processing. Then, the list on the right should be populated with items.
    Scroll down to where you see "Service Book" and highlight it with one click.
    In the center of the window you will see icons that look like "<<" and ">>".
    With "Service Book" highlighted, select the icon on the bottom that looks like "<<" to copy the service book entries to your computer.
    The space on the left should now have "Service Book" there.
    Now, with "Service Book" highlighted in the left space go to File>Save.
    Make sure you make the name of the file "Centennial Wireless Service Books" and save it on your desktop as an .ipd file.
    Disconnect the Pearl from your computer.

Now for the tricky part.
    Download the Crackutil application at http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-crackutil.zip

For the rest of this tutorial, I'm copy pasting from another Howto. Credit goes to those who contributed to the original AT&T on storm HowTo. If you would like pictures to look at to help you follow the directions go to:http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

Plug in your Storm and wait for your computer to load the drivers (if you've already connected your storm to your computer before, you don't need to wait.
    If you have Windows Vista there is an extra step:
    Right click on the CrackUtil icon (it can be the shortcut icon your desktop) and scroll to Properties. Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation. Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box. This only has to be done once. (credit goes to Pete6 from elsewhere in the forums)

Step 1:

Open CrackUtil. Enter your password if you use one. Select the File Manipulation Tab, then select Retrieve File Listing. Scroll down until you see the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon
    Click on it and select "Remove File From Device".You will get a Grid Index Out of Range message at this point. That's normal, close CrackUtil.
    The Storm will be in the process of rebooting and may have an "Uncaught Exception Error" This is normal.

Step 2:

Now, Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. They should now be in the left box. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. When that is done, return to the Main Menu, then close Desktop Manager.

Step 3:

Open CrackUtil. Go to the File Manipulation Tab, select Load File to Device A window will open containing the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module you removed. Double click on it to replace it. When thats done you can Exit CrackUtil. You can now disconnect from pc. The Storm will be in the process of rebooting.

If you've done all correctly, your storm should (hopefully) display the browser icons for Centennial Wireless.

Now go to BlackBerry Internet Service for Centennial Wireless and send your service books to your device.

If this works out, perhaps you could send me the depersonalized service books for Centennial wireless (the ones without your email settings) to post up in the forums, as if this thread works out, it could be of great help to those like you who needed to set up the Storm with Centennial wireless.
    Last edited by mr_bb; 05-12-09 at 08:49 AM.
    05-12-09 08:47 AM
    Wow, that's very impressive Mr BB.

I too am curious to see if this worked. I've seen other people post this type of question, but have never seen a good answer.
    VOSSMG - Let us know how you make out.
    05-12-09 12:22 PM
    Wow, that's very impressive Mr BB.

I too am curious to see if this worked. I've seen other people post this type of question, but have never seen a good answer.
    VOSSMG - Let us know how you make out.

Thanks a lot amojeba...I'm really hoping it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 01:57 PM
    I couldn't get it to work.
    On the storm I have 4 service books that show that they are disallowed. Are these the books necessary for browser use?
    IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]
    my Blue Pix [WPTCP]
    WAP Transport [WPTCP]
    IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]

Sorry this was the first time I had to get on here since I wrote. Thanks for the help. Is there anything I should do within the storm that may be prohibiting the browser from activation?
    05-17-09 04:56 PM
    I couldn't get it to work.
    On the storm I have 4 service books that show that they are disallowed. Are these the books necessary for browser use?
    IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]
    my Blue Pix [WPTCP]
    WAP Transport [WPTCP]
    IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]

Sorry this was the first time I had to get on here since I wrote. Thanks for the help. Is there anything I should do within the storm that may be prohibiting the browser from activation?
    Also, in options/advanced options/browser... I show no default browser shown or none to choose from, in the pearl, I had Internet Browser listed, that is all that i can find that is different between the two.
    05-17-09 05:15 PM
    Tell me: are those the only service books you copied over? Or are there more, and those are just the ones that aren't working.
    Also, have you sent your Centennial Wireless service books to the Storm yet? I'm curious to see what happens when you register your Storm to the Centennial Wireless Blackberry service.
    Umm...I want to try another experiment.
    I want to see what happens if you add the AT&T generic service books which should unlock the browser...then you could input the Centennial Wireless WAP APN settings if they exist....

I'm going to look up the settings for Centennial wireless and see if I edit the ATT service books. Then we're going to try 2 things:

First, we're going to load in the unchanged generic ATT service books using the process above ^^ and then set it up with the CW APN settings. Then send your CW e-mail service books to the phone.

If that doesn't work, we're going to send the edited service books that have the CW settings built in. I'll find them and post it to this forum.
    05-17-09 06:03 PM
    Furthermore, the reason why I think this is because AT&T bought CW......

Here are the generic ATT service books I'd like you to load. For the first test.

Here are the GPRS Settings.
    When you're done adding the generic service books with the above process, go to: Options-->Settings-->Advanced Options-->TCP/IP--->and input:
    APN: private.centennialwireless.com
    username: privuser
    password: priv

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...vice_books.zip
    05-17-09 06:09 PM
    One more thing: I can't seem to find any MMS settings for CW on the internet...so I can't really modify the AT&T service books as I'd planned...but let's see how things play out first.
    05-17-09 06:17 PM
    Tell me: are those the only service books you copied over? Or are there more, and those are just the ones that aren't working.
    Also, have you sent your Centennial Wireless service books to the Storm yet? I'm curious to see what happens when you register your Storm to the Centennial Wireless Blackberry service.
    Umm...I want to try another experiment.
    I want to see what happens if you add the AT&T generic service books which should unlock the browser...then you could input the Centennial Wireless WAP APN settings if they exist....

I'm going to look up the settings for Centennial wireless and see if I edit the ATT service books. Then we're going to try 2 things:

First, we're going to load in the unchanged generic ATT service books using the process above ^^ and then set it up with the CW APN settings. Then send your CW e-mail service books to the phone.

If that doesn't work, we're going to send the edited service books that have the CW settings built in. I'll find them and post it to this forum.
    I did resend the service books, I noticed that prior to getting the books my icons for the 3 email address weren't there then appeared when my books came through, that is normal as far as I know and the emails work as they did before. I registered and I recieved a "registered successfully" email.
    When I try the browser I get a message that states " Your Devise doesn't have any Browser Config. Service Books entries. contact service provider to enable them."

I am in the process of installing the AT&T books and will let you know.
    05-17-09 06:28 PM
    It shows the AT&T books but those 4 are still disallowed. I resent the books as well. Did you catch the end of my previous post?
    When I try the browser I get a message that states " Your Devise doesn't have any Browser Config. Service Books entries. contact service provider to enable them."

I had tried the AT&T books previously when I originally found a post on this but had no luck either. I could send you the books from the pearl. Also, treat me as ignorant, I appreciate the help and would hate that I am just missing something that is obvious.
    05-17-09 06:53 PM
    First off, I hope I don't seem abrupt in my responses, it's not my intention ...it's hard sometimes reading typed text when someone's not really speaking to you...

Anyway.

Because of your amazing patience through these tests, I've come to learn a couple things....

I understand that after you loaded the centennial service books from the pearl, 4 of the service books didn't work, but if you replaced all the service books with AT&T ones, then I'd think that the "those 4" would be different. You know what I mean?...

The reason I had hoped that the CW service books would work is because you're using a phone that has a CW SIM card.

If "those 4" same service books aren't working, after you've loaded in the AT&T generic service books, I would have thought it would be because the SIM card wasn't an an AT&T SIM card...

Sorry if all this seems convoluted...

Question:
    Before you loaded the AT&T generic service books, had you deleted the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module? If you hadn't, the "those 4" serivce books might be rendered invalid.

One more idea: Go to My Computer>>C-Drive>>Program Files>>Common Files>>Research in Motion>>AppLoader and delete a file named Vendor.xml. Then go to the Device Manager>>Application Loader>>Add/Remove Applications>>Start. Then click next. Even though it says "no changes" changes should be made if you click "next" again. This could fix a bunch of things, but you'd have to go back and see if they work...

I'm sorry to make you go through all this but after deleting the Vendor.xml file, try re-loading the CW serivice books. With the afformentioned process of deleting the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module...etc...

Tell me how things go...you're awesome though for trying all this so patiently. I'm really wracking my brain for this work-around.

I'm sure by the end of all this, you'll be a BB expert.
    Last edited by mr_bb; 05-18-09 at 08:51 PM.
    05-18-09 08:47 PM
    I had deleted the "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module"
    I went through the files and couldn't find "Vendor.xml" did a PC search and it was in my recycle bin. (don't understand why) I put the file back in after attempting what you stated above.
    Still no browser... thanks again I thought you had it.

Question: Why when I load the AT&T service books it states "32" in BB Mngr, but after it restarts I check again and it states only "11"?
    05-21-09 03:55 PM
    To answer your question first: The generic service book file has 32 main entries. Some of these are deemed irrelevant and are then deleted by the phone...

Just confirming though: you put the Vendor.xml file back into the recycle bin right?...
    Also, just wanted to make sure again that you put the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module after loading the service books.

I'm really sorry though...I think I've run out of ideas...there's only one other thing I can think of and it'll take even more patience.
    There have been some cases where calling up RIM directly gets results....they're able to send different types of service books that the end-user isn't normally able to access.

In order to get to them, you'd need to call CW first, then ask to be transferred to blackberry support. If they transfer you to somewhere within the company, you'll need to clarify and say that you want to talk to RIM directly.
    05-21-09 06:05 PM
    Hey all,
    can anyone provide me service books for Telia denmark.
    thanks.
    09-17-09 03:22 PM
    is their such a service book for sprint or nextel for the black berry storm 9530
    02-15-10 09:11 PM
    is their such a service book for sprint or nextel for the black berry storm 9530
    There may be a generic service book file, but I'm not sure where you'd find it.
    02-15-10 10:49 PM
    Thank you so much for this post! I am a Centennial user and just got my storm today. After following the directions in this thread I have full voice and data working within an hour!
    09-07-10 06:46 PM
    I have CW service books for the BB Pearl can what I need for the storm be created from those service books?

I Have hunted for days for Centennial Wireless Service Books for the Pearl!
    Do you still have these & may I get a copy?

Does anyone have them?

Updated from a Krazr to an un-locked 8220 and am trying to get my picture texts working again! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Thank you very much in advance!
    01-03-11 01:12 PM
    Hi, i want to use my blackberry storm with boost mobile but i cant add/edit/or delet my service books. when i go to options > advanced options > service books there are no service books and the heading says *No Entries* i have the boost mobile service books even though im not sure if they will work for the storm because they are from the blackberry 8330
    01-31-11 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD