i was wondering my service bars on my phone are not always full...i always have 2-3 bars but never the full 4..i was wondering if there is anything i can do or if anyone else is having this problem...don't get me wrong tho i still get great connection...i'm just wondering why it never reaches the full 4...thanks guys and happy thanksgiving...
    11-26-08 11:12 AM
    i was wondering my service bars on my phone are not always full...i always have 2-3 bars but never the full 4..i was wondering if there is anything i can do or if anyone else is having this problem...don't get me wrong tho i still get great connection...i'm just wondering why it never reaches the full 4...thanks guys and happy thanksgiving...
    Have you tried dialing *228 and selecting option 2? I don't know if that will help out all that much, but it may be worth a try. Right now, as I type, I have 4 out of 5 bars.
    11-26-08 11:15 AM
    It must be your proximity to a tower. I'm usually somewhere between NY and Philadelphia and I always a full 5 bars (there are 5 in total).
    11-26-08 11:16 AM
    its prob 99% because the area you are in doesn't have a full 5 bars of service available. Did you always have the full 4 in the exact same area on a previous phone?
    Last edited by Nyisles84; 11-26-08 at 11:19 AM.
    dial *228 option 2 to update your roaming on the network . . you should do this periodically.

Also, do not pay too much attention to bars as each phone reports them differently . . 4/5 on one phone can be as good as 5/5 on another. As long as the reception is good you are fine.
    wow i just posted this thread....this site and you guys are awesome...i will try all of those...and yea my other phone had full bars...thanks to all...lol around the dinner table on thanksgiving i'm def ognna be giving thanks to this site lol
    11-26-08 11:19 AM
    If you're not having any problems, I wouldn't pay attention to how many bars of service you see. The only thing that would matter is if it says 1X or 1XEV for your data. If you're always in 1X then you should have a concern!
    11-26-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD