see i have nothing with google at all. only one cert with a red X and its not google.
    Well that sucks. Sorry, not sure what else to try.
    01-21-10 03:04 PM
    I don't know what is going on with this damn thing. I couldn't find the CERT labeled google on my STORM 1 either. I also was thinking, maybe there is a new GV version available. So I plugged the link it into my BB browser to see what would happen, and Google comes back with. DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED...

RIM and GOOGLE VOICE, no longer like each other?
    01-21-10 03:04 PM
    Worked for me. I had the Google cert with the red x.
    01-21-10 03:06 PM
    I don't know what is going on with this damn thing. I couldn't find the CERT labeled google on my STORM 1 either. I also was thinking, maybe there is a new GV version available. So I plugged the link it into my BB browser to see what would happen, and Google comes back with. DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED...

RIM and GOOGLE VOICE, no longer like each other?
    Set your browser to be firefox then try it again. Google isn't correctly identifying the BB browser for some reason. Also, search the forums, their are lots of threads with direct OTA links instead of going through the google site.
    01-21-10 03:10 PM
    OK - sorry for taking a while to get back to ya....but, it seems to be working fine right now.

I deleted the Google certificate then deleted GoogleVoice from my phone. about 5-6 hours later, I reloaded GV and there doesn't appear to be any problems. Note that there was a hard restart of the device in between that time - I believe after deleting GV.

Anyone not having Google in their Certificate's list, I would suggest you troubleshoot in a similar manner. Identify the application throwing the error. Remove the offending certificate then remove the application in question. Be sure to reboot after removing the App. Several hours later (I suggest at least 4hrs), attempt to reinstall the application from the original/official source. Hopefully, this will resolve your issues. It has for me, so far....

Good luck!
    01-21-10 10:12 PM
    This worked perfectly for me on my 9700. Thanks for the help.

I already posted a fix for this somewhere, so use the search function.

Baisically, the certificate is already in your store but has been rejected. you need to go in and manually accept it.

Go to options > security > andvanced security > certificates.
    Scroll down till you find "wwwgoogle.com" and it should have a red x next to it. highlight and use the BB key to trust it.

From original thread:
    01-24-10 02:37 PM
    Another update...

I've reinstalled Google Voice and had no apparent ill-effects. However, now, a few days later, I have begun receiving these same certificate issues as previously. It still says GoogleVoice and if I try to TRUST the certificate, another message comes back and tells me:

"The certificate could not be added to the Trusted Key Store due to IT Policy restrictions."

The catch is....I don't use BES, I don't use any other IT Policy settings (that I'm aware of). Is there any thing else I need to look at here?? I'm at a loss where else to look. I'll keep searching but wanted to get this posted for other readers of this thread.

Thanks...
    01-25-10 11:08 AM
    I am getting this same certificate error on my 8330m from US Cellular. Deleted google mobile apps and reinstalled upon suggestion of US Cell. Still does it. I don't have google listed in the certs listing under security. Trying to delete google voice now and I will reinstall that. I'll let you know if that helps.
    01-25-10 11:39 AM
    WIPED!! I had same thing. I selected 'trust certificate' button, because it said that it was from google.voice.

Next screen asked for password just like that 3rd pic in this forum. I entered, and it asked for it ten times and was counting it down 1/10, 2/10.

After 10th password entry it went into self-destruct mode. Just said word "Wiping" and progress bar.

All gone. (I have backup. thank FSM)

Google "Wipe Blackberry" to see how to accidentally or purposefully WIPE yours or someone else's phone. Evil.
    I'm embarrassed to say that the same thing happened to me about a week ago, so I took the opportunity to rebuild my Tour to the 5.0.0.419 OS. I still have the problem on the new OS. I've tried all the fixes from all the threads, they all result in having to enter the key store password multiple times...and I'm not going down that route again... Google needs to get off their collective a$$ and fix this issue.
    01-28-10 03:30 PM
    it's not just google... my banking app does the same thing

I deleted the certificates, and that did nothing. I've also wiped my device (security and OS wipe), and it still says that the cert is from an unexpected source and wont load
    01-28-10 04:37 PM
    I had the same problem. I logged into BIS and sent service books. It hasn't happened since.
    01-31-10 09:58 PM
    I don't know if i'm late but i now joined and i was running through the forum and saw the problems that your encountering at that part all you have to do is enter in the device password that you set. Enter it in the key store part, but before make sure you select trust certificate
    04-27-13 12:19 AM
    I'm embarrassed to say that the same thing happened to me about a week ago, so I took the opportunity to rebuild my Tour to the 5.0.0.419 OS. I still have the problem on the new OS. I've tried all the fixes from all the threads, they all result in having to enter the key store password multiple times...and I'm not going down that route again... Google needs to get off their collective a$$ and fix this issue.
    You have to go to options>security option>Advance...>Key store, then in there at private key password timeout place that to 1 Hour, then certificate status expires after 12 hours.. oh and the key store address injector disabled
    04-27-13 12:30 AM
    now i revoked my bbm voice voip certificate thing, can someone please go to options>security option>advance security....>certificate then select the voip certificate for the bbm and send it in a email at [email protected] thanks
    04-27-13 12:32 AM
    05-22-15 03:00 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD